Idle issues resolved by addressing vacuum leak - Thanks everyone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle issues resolved by addressing vacuum leak - Thanks everyone

So I lied when I said I was content...

Just wanted to throw this out there since there seems to be several posts regarding it. I've been fighting the bouncing idle issues for about 3 weeks since I got my 93 600, before and after cleaning the carbs several times. With the suggestions of CP and Arsenic, decided to finally look for a leak. At first, blindly sprayed a pointer-less burst of carb cleaner all over the carbs and those suckers took off. Killed it and let it sit for a while to dry up. Decided to use the handy pointer attached to the can for it's intended purposed and hit each individual carb with tiny bursts. It revved when I hit the around the clamp of 2nd carb, and down by the float bowl. Took the carbs off and double checked all vacuum points now understanding the concept of what's trying to be accomplished, and socked everything down as tight as I could without stripping anything. I also replaced my spark plugs, which had already became fouled, and backed my a/f screws out to 2.75 (til I get back to the factory airbox, jets, and needles). Took it out for a spin and could instantly tell a difference. No idle bounce while sitting (cold or warm). No more lag whatsoever from 0 - 1/4 throttle. I can already tell a huge difference in gas mileage. So much better overall.

Thanks a ton.
    2001 Suzuki GSX-R 750

sigpic

Your welcome.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
    X