X

its gettin there!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its gettin there!!

finally got her all back in 1 piece again, and got a few short cold miles on her.

Some days your the bug.....Some days your the windshield.

It looks great !
    I love it.

The only thing I would want to do is shorten the swing arm. With the weight savings up front that would make it handle real nice in the turns and lighten the front end a bit under hard accel.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

its ALIVE!!!
      -'96 Katana 750-

-Max

"Everyday in which you learn something isn't a complete loss"

Comment

Good luck finishing it.
        American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

nice fighter

Comment

Out of curiousity and my opinion aside. Why do you guys like the street fighter look?

Comment

i don't have a so called street fighter, but i have a naked bike.....I know for me it is the mechanical look of it. It is just a different personality. More wind in the face, brute force power. A bike with no front fairing or big front light feels totally different, i think.

crazy1....very very nice! I like the guage setup the most probably.

are they renthal ultra low's your running? if so where did you find them? I like the flat black but sometimes it is rough, if you are interested in a "slick" flat black check what comes stock on the early honda 919's. They had matte finishes, but were still slick to the feeling. or i guess you can try an eggshell clearcoat

very nice!

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

how much that vapor speedo cost ya?
                Doesnt matter if your driveing fast or slow, ill still blow by you up on one.

Comment

Creepinghunter, I'm not really biased either way, I love the raw minimallistic look of a fighter, just as much as a nice full faired bike. This one was a wreck when I got it, no plastics, what was left of the headlight and gauges was ziptied to the top triple. so fighter was pretty much the better option.

BarMatt80, yup they are renthals. I've got a few different sets im tryin out to see what I like. my brother and I have been dualsporters for years so im not sure where they came from just found them in the shop. I stole the risers from my virago 700 seem to work out pretty well for em. The 919 is actually where I got the idea from to go flat black, unfortunatly a bit of gas on the tank, and brake juice on the front fender killed my plans for flat, so I just got home from re spraying it again.

Bikerjonez17, this is where I got the trailtech from, couldnt be happier with it!!

thanks for the good comments all here's a couple more of what I got done tonight.

Comment

Well not my style preference but still looks good for the style.

Hey do you have that jacked up by the header ........... You are a very daring person

Comment

same here, all my fairings were pretty taddered and well it was just more cost effective to give it the streetfighter look than fix what I had!
                      plus

same here, all my fairings were pretty taddered and well it was just more cost effective to give it the streetfighter look than fix what I had!
                      plus it gets the looks.
                      Last edited by skyrider; 04-03-2008, 12:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Get some GM flat clear... thats what I used and I have spilled gas on the take plenty of times. It still maintains the same flat black color.

Comment

Wow. that looks awesome. Pretty much the exact same color i plan on doing, come summer. Needs some tinted turns, the amber is really sticking out.

Comment

Nice

Parkze, that looks bad *** man, nice work, do you get any flack about having your plate burried up in the tail like that?

here it is on the road again!!, got about 90 miles in on Fri. Damn that felt good

Comment

Thanks guys... I haven't had any problem yet with the plate location. According to the guy who inspects my bike as long as there is a light on it and it is visible (not readable) at 50 feet I'm good. I suspect I'll run into some sort of trouble in the future though. I'll deal with it when it comes though.

I was thinking of clear signals and tail actually. But now that you mentioned the smoked I think that may be the way to go. Thanks for the suggestion cantfocus.

Comment

Working...
                              X