X

Throttle cable: turn right, rev's up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle cable: turn right, rev's up!

I think that I put the throttle cable back wrong. When i turn right, it revs up like crazy. This is a '93 kat600. I tried to re-route it a few different ways but this phenomenon has not gone away. I'm obviously missing an important piece of information. does anyone know where i should start? Help much appreciated.

It's too tight. Try andjusting it to where the the revs don't change at all with bars at full right or left lock. You'll prolly have to fiddle with it for a while, and might need to adjust it at the carbs themselves.
    - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
    2005 F4i -

Comment

You might also want to try re-routing it...you've got it run so it's tight / binding when the bars are turned. It's a pretty common thing to happen.

Comment

Both are good possibilities, I think Cyber had a photo of the routing under the tank..

Comment

There should be some freeplay in the throttle, if you adjusted it too tight so there's no freeplay it will do that.
          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

ya.. sneeze and zoom throttle is ok... but when it is that touchy.. you but is on the line lol

Comment

Agree with everyone...throttle cable too tight. I experienced this exact problem on my 05' 750 after doing a valve adjustment.

Re-route the cable and make sure it's not pinching anywhere under the tank.

Comment

Chronic problem on early Busa's, too. Needs a cable adjustment.
                sigpic

Comment

LoL, I did that myself. Mine was a routing issue. Has got to be one of the most annoying things too

Comment

This was the cause of my first low side. Dick around with routing and adjustment and you should be able to fix it.

Comment

I gotta say.... stop turning right and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Adequateman View Post
                        I gotta say.... stop turning right and you'll be fine.
                        My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

thanks for the replies! I am glad it is a simple issue. I'll pull the tank and twerk it... and balance the carbs while i'm at it

Comment

It's a routing/slack issue. Keep at it and you'll get it sorted out.

Comment

heyy thx a lot mine was doin the same thing...will adjust thx

Comment

Working...
                              X