X

front fork set up's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front fork set up's

I've been wanting to service my forks and they were done once by the previous owner,but the oil he used is unknown. is there a popular set up that gives the best ride? I mostly ride solo,and occasionaly 2up. what are my options folks?
    WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
    We Will Always remember!
    sigpic

I forget what the book says, but I used Redline Oil fork oil in the "medium" viscosity range and works well. Not too stiff, not to soft, just fine. I also like to do touring.

Comment

I use 15w Bardahl fork oil with progressive springs. The springs make a world of difference in handling.
      2005 GSXF750 Katana
      1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
      1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

my service manuel calls for 10. how stiff is the 15 and did you keep the stock spring rates?

xbox live= katana11
        We Will Always remember!
        sigpic

Comment

I weigh 230lbs so 15 oil is perfect for me. Progressive springs add better stability and handling.
          2005 GSXF750 Katana
          1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
          1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

Interesting

Comment

15 wt is ok to go up to..
              It's IMO pretty important to make one change at a time. You can add new springs without changing oil later..

Comment

My plan is to change the fork oil first,I'm happy with yhe springs for now,and the sag is set perfectly.so its just choosing 10 or 15 oil.

xbox live= katana11
                We Will Always remember!
                sigpic

Comment

progressive shocks I recently added really helped my saggin old Kat. We ride two up most of the time though I am barely 200lbs and the wife is smaller than average as well. I went with 15 wt but also lowered the front a bit when I buttoned it back up....because the bike was no longer level with the new springs

Comment

I just used the recommeded oil can't remember what, But added the progressive springs,, huge difference, and not too expensive. well worth the effort, which is not very much either.

john

Comment

Who's progressive front springs are you guy's using? I want to increase the handling of my kat.

Comment

where and what are progressive springs, my 88 can use some front spring help.thanks
                        1988 Katana 1100 (sold)
                        2004 Hayabusa

Comment

Do what Black Peter said first, try the 15 oil, and go from there. There are some other cheap tricks you can do if you don't have a large budget. we will get into that later

If you are truely looking for performance/ better handling go with racetech springs.

with their springs, you can dial it in to rider weight. I like the racetech and ohlins products personally.
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I have a set of progressive springs that I never installed. I would be willing to sell them.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                            X