X

Center light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center light

I don’t like the yellow colour of the center light. Has anyone made any mods to this, LED or otherwise. I am thinking about trying to replace it with some fashion of a white LED.
    Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
    http://www.burley1.ca

MIBAgentQ, did a write up I beleive, of switching the third eye to LEDs.

Edit: Here it is http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ight=mibagentq
    Last edited by Dan Dubeau; 11-08-2007, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I was looking at that mod and you know with the new Luxeon/Prolite LEDs (1w,3w or 5w) you could make a really kickass light using only 1 or 2 LED's...they put out a butt load of light...
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

superbrightleds.com has leds already made up for like 2 or 3 bucks. I got the six led blue one and it's bright enough to light my whole car port. And yes I know this might not be legal in your area to have a blue light on a vehicle but it is in mine but then again so is **** fighting.
        Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
        http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
        http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

Take a look here also:

A bit spendy, but I used the second one in my license plate light bezel also. I changed my headlights over to HID (6500k) and wanted my third eye to match and not blow out a week after running it. Has lasted all summer so far on both ends of the bike, and absolutely no blinking from the bulb at all and the color match is perfect. Simple plug and play on both ends, however the third eye is a "butt against the plastic" fit, and gaps about a mm or so when you put the assembly back together. Was not a big deal for me...

Comment

Originally posted by ontariokatana View Post
            I don’t like the yellow colour of the center light. Has anyone made any mods to this, LED or otherwise. I am thinking about trying to replace it with some fashion of a white LED.
            I had a hyper white bulb in mine. they are a standard size bulb but has a blue tint to and looks super WHITE when the lights on.
            I have changed my light and installed a red LED scanner in mine now
            click the link below for the vid

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEgJFDyA_aY[/YOUTUBE]
            Last edited by Jax; 11-08-2007, 10:29 PM.
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by versionpardner View Post
              superbrightleds.com has leds already made up for like 2 or 3 bucks. I got the six led blue one and it's bright enough to light my whole car port. And yes I know this might not be legal in your area to have a blue light on a vehicle but it is in mine but then again so is **** fighting.
              I got the same one and like it too! The police have not bothered with it.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

i just got a replacement style led bulb as well its no longer yellow
                sigpic

Comment

Blue LED...love it
                  "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

Originally posted by versionpardner View Post
                    Do you have a part number that you used? I'm looking at WLED-X5 or WLED-X6. Also, I assume this is a wedge based bulb that should just pull out? I've tried pulling straight out on the OEM bulb because I can't see any other way it would come out (the housing won't allow it to twist). I'm afraid if I pull or squeeze any harder it will break (did that read as dirty as it sounded in my head when I typed it?)
                    I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                      I had a hyper white bulb in mine. they are a standard size bulb but has a blue tint to and looks super WHITE when the lights on.
                      I have changed my light and installed a red LED scanner in mine now
                      click the link below for the vid

[youtube]mEgJFDyA_aY[/youtube]

That's what Im looking to do on mine, thanks for the vid !

Comment

I found a failure mode with the white lights. I replaced mine this morning with white LED's and now the headlight looks yellow.........
                        Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
                        http://www.burley1.ca

Comment

I put an 8 LED wedge style bulb (cool white) in the third eye to replace the stock 194 bulb. Puts out great light, but makes my silverstars look yellow. Doh!!!

Comment

I too am having difficulties getting my center light out. I posted about this light in the electronics forum (I didn't see this post first, my apologies)

I'm what you call.. electronically challenged. So any help here would be great.

Like I posted in my other thread, I'd like to replace the center light with either a solid color light (white or blue) or do something like the LED scanner.

I read through what I saw here, but I don't follow how to do the swap to the LED's
                            ~Austin
                            2006 Katana 600 - Sold
                            2008 CBR600RR - New Toy

Comment

Try this place I just ordered the 5 WLED to see how it will work...if it goes south quick Ill just get a PIAA 194 from Chapparel $14.95

“What you own is your own kingdom
                              What you do is your own glory
                              What you love is your own power
                              What you live is your own story” -Niel Peart

Comment

Working...
                              X