KOTM Dec 2007 Chinto

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Service Department > Exhaust & Mod Shop

Exhaust & Mod Shop Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
bswasey
Katrider

Default What do you think of these mods?

SO I've been thinking and looking at my Kat. My first thought is the exhaust. No, not a "what should I buy" but this: I've seen lots of Non-Suzuki bikes with the undertail exhaust and wonder how hard it would be. I would need some custom piping to go up over the swing arm and over the rear wheel. I figure an oval exhaust would give the best clearance and would need some sort of heat sheilding so as to not melt the undertail of the bike. The exhaust would come out under the tail light. I probably won't do this due to $$$ reasons, but do you think there would be enough clearance with the rear end to allow for an exhaust pipe/exhaust to fit over the wheel and swing arm? I'd also need to find an oval pipe that has the outlet come straight out and not at an angle or curve.

2) I've heard of racing shift patterns (1 up, 5 down as opposed to 1 down, 5 up). Looking at where the shifter attaches to the transmission, it looks like you could unbolt the collar, and rotate it 180 degrees and since the shift linkage from the shifter to the transmission is adjustable, you should be able to adjust it accordingly. What do you think? I know it would get some getting used to, but me personally, I do more up shifting than down shifting in corners and with the bike leaning in a turn, its better to have your foot above the shifter for clearance purposes.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #2
catfish
Knee Dragger

eBay ID: rally323gtx

Quote:
I've heard of racing shift patterns (1 up, 5 down as opposed to 1 down, 5 up). Looking at where the shifter attaches to the transmission, it looks like you could unbolt the collar, and rotate it 180 degrees and since the shift linkage from the shifter to the transmission is adjustable, you should be able to adjust it accordingly. What do you think? I know it would get some getting used to, but me personally, I do more up shifting than down shifting in corners and with the bike leaning in a turn, its better to have your foot above the shifter for clearance purposes
i have a set of GSXR rearsets on my GS750 that reversed the shift pattern due to linkage constraints. i HATED this setup at first, but then i got adjusted and now it only bothers me most of the time, instead of all the time

in reflection i'd rather have kept the linkage the same. besides- it's more fun to downshift with a stomp i say!
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:06 AM   #3
md86
Katastical

eBay ID: md86dammit

The undertail pipe has been discussed here before . General consesus is "no , you don't wanna do that , it ain't gonna fit" .

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86
md86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Service Department > Exhaust & Mod Shop