No announcement yet.
X

Need help - vacuum and fuel routing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make sure that the parts on the needles are in the right order. If one part is off then they will not get hot. I just went thru this on my bike. I installed a jet kit. All but number 1 got hot. So i pulled the vacuum slide out double checked my needle and the little brown round plastic piece was not set on the needle right. Put everything together took the needle then put the small white plastic piece on then the e-clip, then a washer, then the round brown plastic piece and all is good now.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Re: Yeah

Originally posted by zrides
      Ibut with the good compression that doesnt make sense.
      Just because it's MAKING good compression don't mean it'll HOLD good compression . I had that problem . All cylinders were within spec when I check with a pressure gauge , but after having a shop do a leakdown test , they concluded my exhaust valves in one cylinder were FUBAR . I'm just sayin .....
      Since there's no common link between those cylinders , either the mix is WAY off for some reason , or there's a valve problem like you said . Maybe try taking the guts out of one carb and sticking it in another , putting in good plugs , and seeing if the problem moves with the carb guts .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I think it's something simple....

Comment

Check the float levels by draining them into some manner of graduated cylinder. That's how I figured out we had a bad needle on one of the kat's bowls.

Also, if you've fouled the plugs that ain't helping neither!
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
            Check the float levels by draining them into some manner of graduated cylinder. That's how I figured out we had a bad needle on one of the kat's bowls.

I agree that's a good idea Steve, how about a estimate on how much gas each bowl holds? You want to do this with the fuel switch on ON BTW..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
              Originally posted by steves

I agree that's a good idea Steve, how about a estimate on how much gas each bowl holds? You want to do this with the fuel switch on ON BTW..
              I *think* it should be around 3/4 of an ounce or so. I would do it with fuel disconnected from the tank....
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
              X