Full exhaust over slip on

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full exhaust over slip on

Will a full exhaust make the bike sound better over a slip on?? Thanks
    Hi my nickname is JC, I have a 2004 600 Katanna with a Hindle exuast sytem on it. I like riding and playing NCAA Football 2007 & Madden 2007 on playstation II.

On the same topic, is there a big difference in extra power? with or without an ivan's jet kit?

Comment

Sound is not what a full exhaust is about

The sound level is primarily controlled by the "can". So a slip on should sound the same on the end of a OE header or a aftermarket header.
      The real difference is in power output. A properly designed header will increase power when jetted properly. However, the OE header will generally make a wider powerband at the expense of top end. This is a very generalized statement but more often true than not.

Comment

Thanks for help clarfying some things up for me...
        Hi my nickname is JC, I have a 2004 600 Katanna with a Hindle exuast sytem on it. I like riding and playing NCAA Football 2007 & Madden 2007 on playstation II.

Comment

The stock exhaust is all about constriction... and the stock headers constrict at the collector point. A slipon will flow slightly more air... but not a lot.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
          X