X

2 new mods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new mods

I installed my lockhart phillips tinted screen and I hardwired in my radar detector to the small running light so that it comes on when the bike is on and turns off when it's off. Here's some pictures

2002 Katana 600
    1999 Ford F150

That's a cool idea with the radar detector.

I always wondered though why people used them on a bike though, because, obviously you won't be able to hear it, and the only way you are going to know that there is some kind of radar activity is if you are constantly looking it it.

And just a heads up, I know this because I used to sell these and I also have 2 very close friends that are officers here where I live, if a cop is using a laser gun, you are screwed, because by the time your radar detector senses it, they have already clocked your speed, lasers work in a straight beam, think of it like those red laser lights, the cop can be tagging the car right next to you, but no matter how good your radar detector is, it won't pick up any signal unless it is pointed at the vehicle you are driving, and by that time its too late.

And that looks to be a cobra 9800 series? I have the 9830, one of the best cobra makes, had my friend clock me going down the street, not a peep from my radar detector, it seems as if the cops are always one-up on us radar detector carrying drivers....

Don't get me wrong though, very nice looking mod, good idea to wire it to the parking light, looks very clean, let's just hope you don't get any speeding tickets now.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

It's just a 9300, I've had it for awhile in my truck ever since I got a speeding ticket about 2 years ago. It works good enough and won't help if I'm out somewhere with no other cars around me and the radar would get me, but it has saved me quite a few times before in the truck so I figured I'd go ahead and connect it up to the bike. I should be able to hear it enough and I glance down enough checking my speed anyways so I can see if it's going off.

2002 Katana 600
      1999 Ford F150

Comment

Check out the reviews on the Beltronics detectors.

My 940 has a place to plug your earphones into.

Comment

Good work. I was going to say I have one with a plug in for earphones in my truck. I guess glancing down won't hurt and the lights on that thing will jump out at you at night anyway if it detects anything.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

hey had a dream about this mod
            funny that I see it on the forums

Comment

I like the hardwire setup. Convenient place to tap in.

Comment

Working...
              X