X

Pre 98 full exhaust package

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 98 full exhaust package

Ok, I searched and searched and could not find a thread to answer my question but maybe I did not look hard enough.

I have a '95 Kat 600. I was wanting to find out what it would cost to have a new exhaust put on.

I mean including the headers (4 to 1), mid pipe, can and the whole kitten-kaboodle. I curently have the standard exhaust (4-2).

Basically for the block to the end that makes all the noise.

Can anybody help a brother out???

I jut got the Line-X on and now I want some roar to back the beast that she is.

Thanks in advance!
    Mikey B.
    '95 Katana 600
    Line-X Kat

got my Full V&H SS2R for $450 shipped 3 yrs ago so I cant remember the name of the store i got it from. try googling "Pipecity" or do a search on here for "pre 98 exhaust" or just "exhaust". Goodluck!

P.S.
    wait for BP to see this and he will lecture you about "search" but in the end, he will still give you a link anyway
    PAUL
    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

ive seen some on ebay, look there? i have a 4 to 1 yosh on mine but i doubt they make it anymore

Comment

Something like that?

I'm in the same boat as you, I'd like to do something different but I was hoping to keep the dual pipes. I just want different headers that are hopefully 100% less rusted.
        2004 R6
        2000 SVT Contour

Comment

I just ordered the Vance & Hines Supersport for my 1993 750 from cycledepot.com for $346 including shipping. Their website is sketchy but UPS says that it's in the mail, due to be delivered next Wednesday. If it comes on that day, it'll be 7 calendar days from placing the order to receiving shipment.
          former dc beltway daily commuter

Comment

RejectionNinja what part number did you order? Also, is a dual system or single pipe?

Thanks!
            Round Rock, TX

Comment

If you want an expensive 4-2-1 conversion, get yourself a set of 98+ headers and a 98+ oil pan. They'll fit. If you don't want to do the oil pan, you can get the headers and peen the collector to fit. Then you can buy and 98+ aftermarket exhaust.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by jrocatx
                RejectionNinja what part number did you order? Also, is a dual system or single pipe?

Thanks!
                jr these will work if you are looking at vance and hines.

part number: V12306
                price: $347.38

or

Part number: V12504
                price: $472.38

I personally got the ss2r full system (second link) and the headers have rusted quit a bit since february this year. I do ride my bike in the rain and shine. Not to happy with the rusting. I would suggest getting some sort of clear coat protection on it.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

But what clearcoat would withstand those temps ?
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I think they make some sort of engine paint that is clear. But who knows if they would really stand up.

I have asked vance and hines before and no return answer.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

yeah, if you want a 4 into 1 header the best bet is to get a 98+ oil pan and oil-pick up, then you can use all 98+ full systems. Otherwise the only company that make a 4 into 1 for the pre's is V&H unless you find a yosh pipe on eBay.

Comment

D&D has pre systems .... But who wants a D&D .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

For those out in Europe looking for a pre-98 full exhaust (especially those in the Military inspection system), I just purchased a legal full system. Due to dB testing out here, 95 is the limit and I only found one system that met it for me. 93.8 dB on my new Laser Homologated Pro d'or; looks nice, actually performs better than my Yoshi and looks pretty good actually. Pricey over here (about $600), but stringent noise pollution rules apply. Just keep that in mind in some places...

Comment

Thanks BarMatt!

Do you know the performance difference in the two, is it really worth the extra $125?

part number: V12306
                            price: $347.38

or

Part number: V12504
                            Round Rock, TX

Comment

honestly couldn't tell ya. I think the price difference is because of material used in making the two. probably the biggest thing that can be noticed is the sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X