X

gauge bulbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauge bulbs?

does any one know what number the gauge bulbs are in pre 98's?

I just bought one the other day from Napa for my pre 98. I looked and I don't have the package anymore. Just take the bad one in to an auto store and compare it to the ones they have on display, they might have it.
    1994 Naked Katana 600
    Search KatRiders with Google | SEO Firefox Extension | New SUSE Linux Users | My Motorcycle Blog

Comment

It depends..on the pre98 600's it is a 74...for the pre98 750 it is a 194...both are different sizes..
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

anyone know about a 2001 600?
        Yo

Comment

that page as reference. jax is right, however i know on the pre98 kats, the two outer gauges(speedo and tach) use the larger bulbs: T3-1/4 (#194/168), while the fuel gauge and the oil, high beam and neutral light uses the smaller bulb: T1-1/2 (#73/74). The speedo and tach has two bulbs a piece.

01gsxf600--the post 98's use a bulb style like new cars use. a small bulb with a twist lock. Go to the above link second to last bulb type at the bottom named: Instrument Cluster and Gauge Backlights. If purchasing bulbs expecially from that site, I have heard that you can't just buy the #74 bulbs and use your oem bases, the base of the #74 bulbs from superbright is to thick so you have to buy their bases as well.

someone might have to chime in and confirm the post98 info

I used 4 of the WLED-x5 LED, bulbs from super bright in each speedo and tach. And then used colored bulbs for each appropriate indicator light.

Also the turn signal indicator lights use the same bulbs as the speedo and tach. I used 4 and 6 LED Wedge Base Bulbs, probably could use a bulb with more leds for greater visability in daylight.

hope this helps.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

hmm..my 600 gauges all have one each and there all the same sizes im pretty sure there 74's because i pulled neutral bulb out and it was the same.

Comment

Originally posted by quadturbo
              hmm..my 600 gauges all have one each and there all the same sizes im pretty sure there 74's because i pulled neutral bulb out and it was the same.
              that might be the case, i was posting specific to the pre98 750's then. I didn't know you had a 600.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
              X