X

LINE-X KAT = DONE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LINE-X KAT = DONE

Put her back together this weekend. I am very happy with the way it turned out. What do you guys think?
    Mikey B.
    '95 Katana 600
    Line-X Kat

That is gonna be a pain to wax!!

You did a good job, very unusual.
    What is the heat rating of that? I'm thinking engine cases..

Comment

I've heard that doing the line-x treatment inside and outside the fairing makes the plastic close to indestructable.... let us know what you find out
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
        I've heard that doing the line-x treatment inside and outside the fairing makes the plastic close to indestructable.... let us know what you find out
        Line-X is one of the few bed liner installers that actually heat up whatever they are spraying to 140 degrees while they are spraying. My buddy took one of my front fairings and basically bent it in half and it did not even begin to break. The spra actually made it a lot more flexible guess due to the heat. I almost crapped my pants but the fairing was fine.
        Mikey B.
        '95 Katana 600
        Line-X Kat

Comment

Do you have any idea how much weight that the coating added to the bike?

Comment

Damn, i really like the look of that Kat! If my Kat was a little older and not an '05 iIwould really look into doing that myself. Nice job
            Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
              Do you have any idea how much weight that the coating added to the bike?
              No I do not but I do not think it was that much. He said he would put it on a little thinner than usual so it would not mess with tolerances and what not. I could not tell much of a differnece just carrying them around but now I am curious...
              Mikey B.
              '95 Katana 600
              Line-X Kat

Comment

In any case it looks nice and should last a long time. I built a rubber car out of that line x stuff. The stuff was amazing durable as long at it did not get too hot.

Comment

Re: LINE-X KAT = DONE

Originally posted by STL-KAT-600
                  Put her back together this weekend. I am very happy with the way it turned out. What do you guys think?
                  looks like they did a good job, but its definitely not a look that I would go with. I like shiny things, but hey its not my bike right?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Looks like a good job, and if it floats your boat, right on- but not my cup of tea.
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Wow, very, very nice! I like it! That stuff is a tough as nails. My truck bed is proof.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

nice i like it.. leaving it all black? any plans for the rims?

you can get line-x in colors to i think..

Comment

I actually don't mind it that much. Very utilitarian. I imagine it helps to plant that outside knee when leaning too.

Comment

You are brave to try something like that.Not sure if I like it or not, think I would have to see it in person.

Comment

I would be afraid of it rubbing my legs raw when i am out riding in my shorts and flip flops. =)
                              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Working...
                              X