X

Turn Signals crapped out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Signals crapped out

I just got my front flushmounts on my 1990 kat 600. The turn signals will come on but they wont flash. Im not sure if there isnt any resistance or if there is too much. Before i put them on my right turn signals were working but now neither will work. Not sure where to start.
    Spacho

if not enough resistance it will blink fast. Probably got a loose connection or something. Does the light even light? and the turn signal indicator just stay on or does the actual turn signal light and not blink?

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Ditto with Bar,check your connection or fuse.
      Watch for your Guardian Angel
      750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

how much juice is left in your battery?

Comment

+1 on BarMatt

Comment

The turn signal lights up and just stays on, both front and back. The back left turn signal wont even come on, i tested the circuit and there isnt even power going to it as far as i can tell, but that has been there since before i put the new signals on the front. But I know its not a fuse because there is power and they do work, unless the turn signal actuator is on a different fuse than the lights themselves? Battery has plenty of power. The stock turn signals work perfectly when i put them on, so something these aftermarket ones are doing is what is causing the problem would be my guess but not sure how to fix it.
            Spacho

Comment

Weird...
              I'm drawing a blank..

Comment

Just a thought and this might sound like a stupid question... but does this occur with the bike running? Your battery might be charged but still not produce enough to power the new lights.

Another thought - have you tried reversing the polarity? (note if these are LEDs then be careful as you can blow them).
                There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

Are both your front and rear turn signals LED? If so then there is virtually 0 resistance and will cause this problem. You can add a special flasher relay, figure out the proper resistance and put a resistor in it, or put a Trick Flasher on it. If both of them arn't LED then I'd be taking a look at the relay, fuse, and wiring. And check if any of the bulbs are burnt out.
                  ¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż `·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸ ¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

CCnCoke not true.. LED just don't light.. They are diodes.. Thus they block voltage passing in one direction that is their job.. Oh and they light up..

Qweezark

I wonder the same thing.. It is not my experience that LED would stop all blinking. In fact the lower resistance will make them blink faster (see my write up on it).
                    But maybe there is a weird problem with these.

Comment

BP - the caveat was because I know nothing about LEDs - just heard that they're polarity sensative.

I can attest to the fact that with a 'dull' battery the signals will not flash. Mine will only flash if a) the battery has been freshly charged or b) the bike is actually running.
                      There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

I had the same problem when I put my flushmounts in. I ended up having to put a different relay in.
                        91 Katana 600. Flat Black, Solo Cowl, Currently for sale.

99 CBR 600 F4. Red/Black.

Comment

Hmmm
                          Interesting.. Check out my thread on adding the two prong relay..

Comment

If the bike is not running they will not flash with just the key turned to run. Atleast thats how the pre's are.

Comment

My pre98 750 will flash without the engine running, but they flash much slower than with it running - I do have flush mounts all the way around (non-LED). I just had my flasher crap out. Maybe you should check yours. it's about a $2 part at any auto-parts store. Flasher type 552.

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
                              X