X

$%#$^& factory stickers!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $%#$^& factory stickers!!!

I can't get those pesky white safety stickers Suzuki stuck all over the tank and cowl to come off easily. Someone suggested some kind of 3M sticker remover, but I don't want to ruin the finish.

Any suggestions?

And before any of you smarties tell me they're there for my safety and that I should leave them on, they're coming off! Done deal! It's just a matter of time!

Besides, they're not there for my safety anyway. They're there to release Suzuki from liability should I buy the farm riding their bike.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Mr. Smarty...... use the search button. Been discussed many times before.

p.s. hint: Hairdryer
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

1) hold a hairdryer 3 or 4 inches away from the sticker for a few minutes
      2) try and peel back an edge SLOWLY, keeping the hairdyer pointed at the sticker
      3) once the sticker is removed soak a cloth with Goo Gone and lay the clother over the stickey portion that is left on the bike for 5 min.
      4) start to scrub with the cloth and keep adding Go Gone as you are doing this.
      5) once the stickey id gone wash and wax the bike

It will take 15min per sticker depending on the size of the sticker

Good Luck

Comment

After I used the Hairdryer method to remove, I used this stuff and it worked awesome and also waxed it too! It is the spray bottle stuff. Cheap at any auto parts store.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by hellcamp
          Mr. Smarty...... use the search button. Been discussed many times before.

p.s. hint: Hairdryer
          OK, I guess I deserved that. Cut me some slack, I'm new to the forum.

'Thanks' to you guys for responding anyway! You're awesome!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Non-Acetone fingernail polish remover or De-natured alcohol should work once you get the actual sticker off. It won't harm the paint either. I've used it on my car.
            Sarkj
            1992 Katana 600

Comment

I did the hair dryer/bug & tar remover and it worked like a champ. I waxed the whole bike afterwards for good measure. It looks great!
              =USAF= Retired

Comment

Doesn't that stuff work great? I like it because it doesn't dry out or scuff like other stuff does. It is exactly like my Rain X spray on wax the way it shines!
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Yeah, I love waxing my bikes. I treat my other vehicles like dirty scags when it comes to washing and waxing but I've always loved waxing the bikes. Today I pulled it out on the end of the driveway, waxed it and just thought about stuff with no one in my face or buzzing in my ear. Then I went out for a ride so I could christen the shiny, freshly-waxed bike with a few more bugs.
                  =USAF= Retired

Comment

Hey I envy those bugs you get! It snowed a foot and a half here a few days ago.

Comment

Yeah. I lived in DC for a few years (stationed there in the Air Force) and dealt with the cold there too. My 'Busa sat for almost 5 months strait in 2000, which was an abnormally cold year (like this year). I'd go down to the garage and start it just to keep everything lubricated. It was sad. I finally just sold the bike 'cause I couldn't justify the insurance/bike payment for a bike I was riding only 6 months a year.

There's one way to look at it I guess: If you have to wait for the cold to subside in order to ride, you'll enjoy it that much more when spring finally hits in Bawston!
                      =USAF= Retired

Comment

Exactly! Should be pcsing soon so hopefully it is more South!

Comment

I just retired from the AF a month ago, so I don't have to go anywhere anymore if I don't want to! -Hope you get something past the Mason-Dixon line. -Then you can catch up on the riding you've missed!
                          =USAF= Retired

Comment

Congrats on the retirement! Eglin your last base? Man that place is nice!

Comment

Yeah Eglin's nice, but I'm at Tyndall ('bout 60 miles East of Eglin) - which isn't so nice. It's OK though because anytime I get tired of this place, I can blow outta town because I'm retired now!
                              =USAF= Retired

Comment

Working...
                              X