X

Foot guard material

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot guard material

Does anyone know if the front foot guards are a solid piece or plated? I'm thinking solid since mine are developing rust. I wanting to take them off, clean up the rust, and polish them (or give them a brushed look) instead of the chrome-ish look they have now. Any suggestions?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Pretty sure they are chrome plated steel, hence the reason they weigh about three pounds each. If they are rusting then the plating is wearing thin or getting pinholes. Best thing in that situation would be to sandblast and powdercoat. I would say paint, but it will scratch much easier than powdercoat will.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Thanks, teddy. I'll have to look into. Can't really do a brushed look with regular steel, so powedercoat seems to be the only option. Unless I can find some aftermarket ones that are either stainless or capable of getting a brushed look.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

If you know anyone with a metal brake, you could bend some 1/16" aluminum at opposing 45 degree angles about 1/2" apart, then cut the shape to fit, thats what I plan on doing with mine soon....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Working...
        X