X

PRE 98 Mirrors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRE 98 Mirrors

Has anyone replaced the pre 98 mirrors with something else that looks "better" / works better.
    1996 Katana - Sold
    2000 YZF600R - Killed by little old lady
    2006 Tacoma - Faster then the lawn mower

Fish are safer then senior citizens : )

I have seen a few different mirrors added to a pre 98 kat. Some people put the post 98 mirrors on and there are some pretty cool looking ones on ebay.

As far as what looks better, I guess thats a matter of personal preference. Myself, I may be on of only a few that actually like the look of the pre 98 mirrors better than the replacements available. Although i do think the part where the actual glass (mirror) is, is kind of chunky and could be replaced. So far I have yet to see a set of mirrors that fits into the fairing with a nice clean look the way the stock mirrors do.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

i saw a 95 katana on ebay that had some good looking mirrors on it and the guy told me they were actually off of a jet ski. i havent checked into it to see what kind they might have been off of yet.

Comment

I hate the look of those stock mirrors too. I definitely replacing mine. So, I have been looking for something different, but I haven't had much luck. Ebay had like 1 alternative when I looked. The only other thing I could think of were some bar end mirrors. Let me know if you find anything that would work or looks decent

Comment

Bar ends are great.. The view is amazing.

Comment

I had 98+ Katana mirrors on mine, you just need to widen the holes in the mirrors a bit with a Dremel tool to make them work.
            I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

I just put smaller Ducati style mirrors on m 93 600. They have the built in blinkers as well. They are alot smaller than the stock ones. I am still working on getting her back together... so I have not ridden her with the new mirrors... let me see if I can get a picture or two with the mirrors on the bike...

I bought them at the dealer - they where $22 a piece. They have 2 sets of mounting holes. I had to drill a hole for the wires.. I think they look pretty cool.
              Here is a link to what they look like:

The ones on the bottom: Ducati Style...
              misery loves company...

Comment

has anyone tried to put those JAG mirrors on a pre? I got a set on eBay and I've seen one descripition that said 88-06 and another that said 98-06?

Comment

Are those the LP things with the integrated signlas ? I had some of them .... oh , for about 5 minutes . They were freakin TINY .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I am looking at the 98+ mirrors with the turn signals in them on ebay. and am trying to find out if the bolts will match up at all. I searched around to see if anyone has tried them but i dont see anything informative about them. So if anyone has post pics! or describe what we would have to do to make these fit correctly

Comment

They don't have turn signals in them, but they are tiny.

Comment

So mirror integrated turn signals would be pretty much worthless then if they are so tiny.... i want people to be able to see them. here is a pic of what i am considering to be more specific.
                        Attached Files

Comment

They'd see your signals better since they're farther away from your headlight , but YOU won't see SHIT in the mirrors 'cause they so tiny .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                          X