X

Broken Ignition Key

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Ignition Key

Oh yeah, it gets even better, along with everything else I'm dealing with I just broke my ignition key off in the gas cap........ Now I'm looking for a whole new setup, ignition and all. Anybody know if the GSXR 1100 gas cap set will fit the 600 tank? Or, if not, anyone got a whole lock set for sale? Tank, ignition, seat lock........

Ouch! Yes, a GSXR1100 1989-1998 gas cap set should work on our Kat.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

As well as bandit and SV models I believe.

Comment

any updates on this.... I broke my key too

Just curious how you fixed this problem. My gas cap would not open on Friday and I broke my key in there. Ended up taking the broken key (in 2 pcs) to a locksmith. He made me a new key (and 2 extras), but it's not too smooth. lots of wiggling to get them to work. He also sprayed some lubricant on the locking mechanism and said "good as new". Well guess what, tried to get gas 1/2 hour ago, broke another flippin key and gas cap won't open. ARe there any threads on this? Can I have the lock worked on? Or do I have to buy a whole new one? any advice is greatly appreciated.
        93 Katana 1100
        96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

no, a locksmith can fix just about anything lock related, just take the gas cap to your locksmith and tell him what you want done.

Comment

hmmm

but can a locksmith key an ignition, gascap, seat without the original key?

Comment

A good locksmith can definetly do that without the original key. good luck
              sigpic
              Sgt of Marines
              2003 GSX-R 600

Comment

just visited a locksmith with my gas cap, he said it would probably be better just to order a whole new lock from Suzuki. I think I'm going to go with an aftermarket keyless cap from Vortex , or buy a used oem lock at Bob's used Cycle parts here in AZ. Bob's quoted me $50.00
                93 Katana 1100
                96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

Working...
                X