X

Slip on installation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip on installation

I have searched this and found people who have used mufflermender/high temp RTV and those who just used the clamp. I am confused I just purchased a D and D system from www.pipecity.com.

Thank you

I put a bead of Permatex Ultra Copper High Temp Silicone RTV around the two joints on my slip-on, and used the clamps provided with the system.

99% of the time, you might be okay without using a product like this. It's that other 1% of the time where you can't get a good seal, and need it.

For the $4 that a tube of this stuff costs, and the extra 5 minutes to put it on the pipes, I say do it.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
      I put a bead of Permatex Ultra Copper High Temp Silicone RTV around the two joints on my slip-on, and used the clamps provided with the system.

99% of the time, you might be okay without using a product like this. It's that other 1% of the time where you can't get a good seal, and need it.

For the $4 that a tube of this stuff costs, and the extra 5 minutes to put it on the pipes, I say do it.

I used similar red RV high temp stuff from autozone and it worked great. I would suggest you use first it instead of finding out like me that after installing, it leaks! Of course this fixed the problem but I could have saved myself some time yb doing it from the beginning.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

I didn't use any sealant when connecting the midpipe to the collector - it was hard enough just to shimmy it in anyways (plus, there was none there when I took the stock exhaust off), but I did use some exhaust/muffler paste when connecting the can to the midpipe.

Of course, I never tested for exhaust leaks afterwards...
        "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Working...
        X