X

kat ram air?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kat ram air?

the other day i was trying to think of a way to fabricate some sort of ram air intake on my 04 kat. first i thought about taking out the panel for the parking light (right above the headlights) but i though that would look like crap and the routing would be to indirect to get much from it. Another idea i had that might actually work is taking out the front turn signals and putting in a mesh form to keep debris out. i could then put flushmount signals elswhere and route an induction back to the airbox. the only problem would be getting passed the fins on the aircooled engine... thers not alot of room. maybe if i went through one of the holes in the fairings then under the seat? any ideas/comments/suggestions?
    Fo Sho.

A member did this in Europe.
    Bike is sold

Comment

any idea what it involved? seem like it will need a lot of modding to the airbox.... which member did it?
      Fo Sho.

Comment

That would be awesome to see.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

I think masrapido's or someone he knows. I think. (Spain)
          Bike is sold

Comment

thnks ill pm him
            Fo Sho.

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
              I think masrapido's or someone he knows. I think. (Spain)
              That's not Mas's bike . He has a black pre in semi-rough shape .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If I recall correctly, one of our Aussie members did something like this before (3 years back now?), but he actually reshaped the underside of the gas tank to provide the channel he needed to route the air back to where the airbox actually is...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                  -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                  -Terence

Comment

I'm not sure if ram air is worth the trouble to make it work. These bikes seem to be very sensative to air flow. Mine didnt run right until I gave it less air flow (via stock filter)
                    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

Working...
                    X