X

Can you Identify this header?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you Identify this header?

Hi, im new to bikes and i have bought a '90 Gsx600f i read somewhere that 98+ exhaust will fit so i bought the yooshimura exhaust just like the one here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-S...spagenameZWD1V

The problem is the katana already had some kind of an exhaust on it and the im having problems aligning the collector with the midpipe of the new yoshimura exhaust.

Can you tell me what header this is and if i should get a different one.

This is the old exhaust that was on the katana

The header looks like an old Yoshi header...the canister looks like something from a early 90's gsxr

Comment

thanks for a quick reply, now that i think of it the muffler does look like an old gixxer in my service manual, the problem is im not sure if i should find a way to make the new exhaust mate up with the collecor or try to find a different header, would you know one that would fit?

if it is an old yoshi header then maybe i should keep it, perhaps theres some performance gain there.

Comment

might have to get you a post98 750 header. also the oil pan is different on the post to pre98 bikes. might have to get a different pan as well. or i think some hits with a hammer in the right place might make a post98 header fit.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
        X