X

Black Zukat Modifications

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Zukat Modifications

I am new to Katriders and would like to say hello to all.

Does anyone have info for ordering chrome accessories online for Katanas and Also I would like to extend my swingarm about 12 inches. Any help anyone could offer me I would sure appreciate it.
    "Black ZuKat"
    "When it comes down to it put it on and ride"

Welcome to KR.
    Bike is sold

Comment

Chrome what? Extended why?

Welcome to KR.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

What type of chrome stuff are you looking for? Many will either take the items off their bike and then send it in for chroming or buy off of ebay and have that part chromed...check ebay for most accessories..
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Welcomr to KR!

Comment

Everything that shows is what I would like chromed, just about all. The engine cover on both sides, foot pegs and brackets etc. I wanted to buy them already chromed. Did not want to go thru the dipping process but if that is the only choice I have than so be it.
            "Black ZuKat"

Comment

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME GUYS!!!!!
              "Black ZuKat"

Comment

Welcome. Yup, just buy the spare parts and get em chromed. I have seen chromed parts once in a great while on e-bay and they were usually chromed by whoever was selling them.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Yeah, it's probably easiest to buy all the parts again, and have them chromed. Then you can do all the part swapping in one afternoon, rather than having a project on the go which isn't rideable for an uncertain amount of time.

While you're at it, eBay another swingarm. And a 5.5" wheel, kat brake arm, wheel spacers, cush drive and rotor so you can make the swap to the big rear wheel/tire. And I'll tell you right now, 12 inches of swingarm extension will probably look pretty screwy. 4-6 is usually more than sufficient - otherwise you just end up spinning at every launch. There's no reason to go any longer than that, 'cause the bike doesn't have the power to lift the front end anyways!

I'm doing an extension of about 5" on a buddy's Yamaha in the next week or two, so I can always post pics of how insanely long extensions really turn out to be....once it's done.
                  FrankenKat 1216
                  GS Fiter 816
                  GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Black ZuKat

DooD,

Thanks for the info! I have seen nothing but 12 inches on Kats and unless the bike is lowered it does look kinda screwy! I agree with you 100% on that!! I think 5 inches is right where it needs to be.
                    I would love to see the work on the bike you plan to do. I have alot of plans for this bike and am just throwing things out there for now. I know there is alot I can do to this bike and its just a matter of finding the right people and items for it.

If possible, can we swap emails to keep in contact? It looks like you did some mods to your bike and I would like to bounce some ideas off you to get me started!!

Thanks for your help!!!
                    "Black ZuKat"

Comment

keep in mind a lowered and extended kat doesn't handle like for instance a busa would.actually i havn't ridden a lowered bike that did handle well...good luck and remember keep pics posted

Comment

I have a swing-arm for the 98+ Kats to modify and chrome for sale.
                        PM sent
                        Bike is sold

Comment

Hey CK,

I just had the bike lowered before winter so I have only rode it twice before I set it up for the winter. It was a little different but not much change except for cornering. Can't lean as much without scraping your toe or peg but it was cool because I aint much on cornering anyway, lol!!
                          "Black ZuKat"

Comment

cool.i lowered mine 1.5 inch and i can tell a big difference over stock.any lower and it wont be functional imo.how low did you go with yours

Comment

I went down 2 inches. Its okay for now but I think I am gonna go up a 1/2 inch. I am a short guy and I dropped my Kat 2 times because I tippy toed the bike so I had to fix the problem and that I did! After sitting on it I think I can go up to 1-1/2 and be comfortable.

I am gonna ride it out for a while until I start doing other things to the bike and see if I really need to make the change.
                              "Black ZuKat"

Comment

Working...
                              X