X

1992 750 carbs on a 1996 600?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 750 carbs on a 1996 600?

has anyone put 750 carbs on there 600? i have had people tell me it would work. the 1992 750 carbs have a dynojet kit installed, 130 main jets, what would u put the fuel mixture screw at? i tried 2 and 3 turns out. what about the needle, what notch would u put the clip at?
    i have a yoshimura exhaust and i ordered the k&n pod filters(hopefully get here tomorrow) let me know
    thanks

If you have the boots to make them fit , your jetting will be ..... fun to figger out . Problem is , see , tha the ait will flow SLOWER through the carbs at low/mid rpm's , so you'll have LESS power . Only POSSIBLE gains would be on the VERY top end , and even then ..... . Be better of with the 600 carbs . However , if you DO get it running ok , I'd LOVE to see some dyno info . PLEASE !!!! :
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Didn't like the answers from the other thread?

-Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

the 600 carbs are better all the way around put a header on and a performance airfilter you will be much happier

Comment

i am just gettin sick of waitin on parts i got a set of 600 carbs but they r pretty fuct up. i am goin to try with both sets of carbs i got and if i can't get it to work i will sell both of them and get the right 600 carbs. i finally got my air filters today so hopefully i can get it running today. the 750 carbs do fit in the boots i got, it's real hard to get them in but they go in.
          thanks for all the responses

Comment

What you'll find is that the OD of the carbs is the same..........its the ID that's different! 33mm vs 36mm.

THey MIGHT work.....but..............

On the other hand, why not PM me for the parts you need? I have LOTS of early Kat carbs parts in stock and ready to ship, or can rebuild yours!
            I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
            Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
            Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

hey i pmed u about the carbs let me know whats up

Comment

Working...
              X