Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Hypothetical - if you drop a screw down the hole...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical - if you drop a screw down the hole...

I dropped one of my battery screws yesterday in the area under the seat and couldn't find it using just a worklight. Today opened the garage door to let the sun in and found the little bugger tucked between the frame and the fairing. While I was looking for it a question came to mind... if you were to drop a screw down the hole under the gas (I'm not mechanically inclined but I'm pretty sure this is the air inlet for the carbs?) what effect would it have left 'unattended'? I've done some work to my Kat since taking ownership of it in November but haven't taken apart that area of it yet (saving it for the spring when I'll adjust the valves).
    There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Hole under the gas tank? Um, don't you have air filters?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

This is funny to me because when I was changing my oil pan one of the bolts fell into the oil drain container!!!! I was like oh here we go. Grabbed a magnetic extender pen and pulled her out. It would have been a mess to have to stop just to go get another one of these bolts!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

I'm guessing he means the hole in the air filter , and it'd just pretty much sit there , unless it bounced out .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You'd be hypothetically screwed.

Comment

You'd be hypothetically screwed.

I guess it is the hole going to the air filter. I haven't really shone a light down it to see what's there. I'll dig a little deeper next weekend to make sure everything's the way it's supposed to be.

Thanks all.
            There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

I can have my seat, tank and carbs off in 15 minutes. YOU CAN DOO EET!

Just pull out every screw you see till stuff falls off, then look for anything wrong
              Live and Lean.
              When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
              "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
              Romans 3:23

Comment

Originally posted by TheKlic
                15 minutes ? You need more practice .

Comment

15 minutes? It would take me 5 seconds to realize you only have to pull the seat off.

Comment

i like that one your screwed!!!good one k tip

Comment

Just pull out every screw you see till stuff falls off, then look for anything wrong
                      I can do it in 10 minutes with a sledgehammer, some wire tires, ky jelly creme and a 1/5 of captain. Of course the bike will never be the same again

Comment

I can understand the rest , but the KY ...... Um , is Lou gonna be helping you ?

Comment

ummmm ok then..everyone please look the other way now...ewwww

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver

I can do it in 10 minutes with a sledgehammer, some wire tires, ky jelly creme and a 1/5 of captain. Of course the bike will never be the same again
                            5 minutes with an oxy/acetelene torch. But then the bike AND me will never be the same, 'specially if i forget to drain the tank...
                            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                              I can understand the rest , but the KY ...... Um , is Lou gonna be helping you ?
                              The Ky is just to give me more of a challenge, I completly soak the bike in it so its extremly slippery and it makes for a formidably challenge.

Comment

Working...
                              X