X

Idling issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idling issue

My friend with a 98 cbr F3 is having some problems. When he revs it up the and as the rpm drops it seems to stick at around 5-4krpm and then it will slowly drop down to a little above 1krpm. Does anybody have any experience with this or know what the issue is? Thx in adv.

make sure your thottle cable is snapping back on the throttle bodys , could have a rusted cable and its sticking, thats my guess

Comment

I was actually thinking that samething, but it doesnt doesnt explain why the rpms drop much smoother when the bike is fully warmed up.

Comment

Hmmm , got carbs ? GUESSING maybe a slightly dirty carb ..... when warm , it'd be running closer to normal mix , but colder , with a little dirt in it , it'd be kinda lean , which would cause RPM's to hang a bit ....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yes it does it have carbs. I will try to put some fuel additive cleaner in there. See if it does gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            Hmmm , got carbs ? GUESSING maybe a slightly dirty carb ..... when warm , it'd be running closer to normal mix , but colder , with a little dirt in it , it'd be kinda lean , which would cause RPM's to hang a bit ....
            +1 have you guys done anything to it in a while?because the cables could be rerouted wrong and causing it to stick a little ane then vibe loose bringing the rpm down.but i would say rip the carbs apart clean them and then rejet them suckers.

Comment

I had the exact same prob and the carbs were exactly where the prob. lied. i cleaned them up real nice and let them air dry. then I adjusted the idle b/c it was a lil off and it ran great. Also if you have done any work on the bike and took off the air box there could be vacum tubes that might have came off or not been put on right that might cause it to idle funny. but i would think it would be the carbs since it runs fine after it warms up

Comment

Working...
              X