X

96' 600cc oil cooler banjo bolt leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96' 600cc oil cooler banjo bolt leak

anyone got some good tips on a leaking banjobolt from oil cooler on pre98 600

My first suggestion would be new gaskets front and back of the cooler line. Check ronayers.com pic for part 15.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Did you remove the fitting?
      Remember that you need two gaskets;
      one between the banjo fitting and the block (or oil cooler) and another one between the bolt head and the banjo fitting. These are copper crush washers so they may only work a few times (they are supposed to only be used once) I have repaired them by cleaning them really well and plating them with solder.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        Did you remove the fitting?
        Remember that you need two gaskets;
        one between the banjo fitting and the block (or oil cooler) and another one between the bolt head and the banjo fitting. These are copper crush washers so they may only work a few times (they are supposed to only be used once) I have repaired them by cleaning them really well and plating them with solder.
        or you could spend the 50cent for new ones! LOL
        97 Katana 600
        [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          I have repaired them by cleaning them really well and plating them with solder.
          And here I didn't even know you were a Scot! Which clan?

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ok just ordered new washers from dealership, Im planning on cleaning the surface areas of bolts washers is there anything else i can do like put some gasket sealer on surfaces or will crushing be more than enough

Comment

also onr of the bango bolts has been stripped, not even an impact wrench has an effect on it) its a pretty big bolt (bout an inch) and its hollow so reverse drilling it out will probally have no effect as well. Its not the one that was leaking but i wanna get a new one anyway. Normally its 14mm should i keep on banging it with a impact hammer thats 13mm? otherwise im out of ideas to take it out. any suggestions.

Comment

Stick the thinnest screwdriver you have under it and push outwards as you unscrew it (optionally cut the washer under it to give you more pry-room). Or if it's not leaking, leave it in place and be glad that it's not leaking.

No gasket sealer. Always use a torque wrench.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X