X

Bar ends???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar ends???

Newbie with another question...naturally. Some of you guys know I have a slight weaving and swaying on my 94' kat 600...I forgot to add one factor. When I bought the bike it didn't have bar ends...could that be the culprit also?

It seems to only sway at low/lower speeds and around curves like freeway ramps. On the straight at higher speeds...no problems. Any suggestions would appreciated.

no - your bar ends will only affect vibration - not weaving - weaving is caused from the tire track being mal-aligned. this is only possible from three areas:

Front end alignment - forks torqued sideways, etc

Rear end alignment - rear tire align or swingarm alignment (the latter is very rare but can happen if bushings are shot)

Frame alignment - one high side can cause it.

This is an issue I truely beleive you need to solve and solve correctly. Start with rearend alignment - use a laser chain alignment tool for the best accuracy.

EDIT: Actually add a couple more - could be tire pressure - could be axle bearings
    97 Katana 600
    [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Thanks...the bike is being diagnosed for hard starting issue right now so I'll check those things too.

Comment

Working...
      X