X

'01 Katana Undertail

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '01 Katana Undertail

Ok I am at loss here. I have looked all over and found nothing. Maybe someone here can direct me in the right direction. I am looking for an undertail kit for an '01 kat 600. I have found them for I believe 03 and ^ but nothing for my year. Does no one make undertails for the '01? Is the only thing available fender eliminator kits? Somone help clue me in here please. I'm going nuts.
    Thanks
    Doug

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Do a search on ebay for artfibras. He makes a nice undertail for 98-06 Kats (separate types for the split). He may not have any listed now, but add his as a favorite and you'll get an email when he posts them up. They usually go for $120 shipped.

Here is what the auction and tail look like.

P.S. A search would have revealed much of this information.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

I did a search and found that info. Found that guys kit actually. It looks like a fender eliminator to me. I don't see any turn signals on the picture of the one that has the stock tail light on. So it looks like just an eliminator kit with no turn signals... I could be wrong but that it what it looks like.

Comment

Just found this yesterday. Don't know anything about the fabricator or quality of product.
        Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Comment

That one will not fit a 2001.

Originally posted by Drastion
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-06-Suzuki-Katana-Undertail_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ008 QQitemZ180067564221QQtcZphoto

Just found this yesterday. Don't know anything about the fabricator or quality of product.
          Bike is sold

Comment

My bad, I thought I rememberd the post saying it fit 98+.
            Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Comment

Cool looking. But I wonder how a plate installs and would a rear hugger be able to clear the indent of the undertail.
              Bike is sold

Comment

I don't know about the hugger, it would definately have to be narrow at the top.

The license plate, I had a few buddies back in Florida who used chicken wire and just hung the plate from the screws in their rear fairing, that way when they were hauling ass past cars they wouldn't be able to read the plate due to it swinging up, and while sitting still it looked street legal.

Comment

That is squidly with the chicken wire but hey, if it works!
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

artfibras definetly the best undertail beautifull quality and comes painted to match cant beat that.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I agree.

Originally posted by turbopseidon
                      artfibras definetly the best undertail beautifull quality and comes painted to match cant beat that.
                      Bike is sold

Comment

love the CF detail on the tail Spedee

Comment

Thanks. I wanted the side view to look slimmer.

Originally posted by Range
                          love the CF detail on the tail Spedee
                          Bike is sold

Comment

Anyone got a pic of the Artfibras undertail on their 98-02? I am curious how the plate and turn signals mount up. The pic in the add shows none. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackburnD
                              Anyone got a pic of the Artfibras undertail on their 98-02? I am curious how the plate and turn signals mount up. The pic in the add shows none. thanks.
                              you need to put on your own bracket...

(Creese is the predominant one)

Comment

Working...
                              X