X

rearhugger install

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rearhugger install

just got a new rearhugger for an 06. does anyone have any input on how to drill the holes in it without scrathing the paint too bad?
    BLACK KATS R THE SHIZNIT!!!! :flipping:

sigpic

place masking tape on it...mark the tape...drill through tape....then remove...simple as that.

another trick...drill a small pilot hole first....

Comment

thanx. i have another problem though.how in the heck do you get that plastic breakline holder on the swingarm off ? the space is so tight in there , i can't get a screwdriver iin there. i need to get that off to measure for my holes.

sigpic

Comment

You bend the metal over the rubber. It will bend under medium force...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Say what?
          -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

Mine came pre-drilled, so I can't help you there, but I used a socket and flex adapter on my '05 kat to get that brakeline holder off.
            -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny1877
              Say what?
              98+ rear brake line runs up across the top of the right spar of the swingarm, and about half way between the caliper and the master cylinder is a piece of metal on the swingarm that encircles a rubber retainer on the brake line hose. At least on the 98-02 Kats, that piece of metal isn't bolted on, but is welded on and is bendable (required to release the brake line when you replace it). I thought that was the part he was talking about.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanx cyberpoet . i was wondering about that also.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny1877
                  Say what?
                  98+ rear brake line runs up across the top of the right spar of the swingarm, and about half way between the caliper and the master cylinder is a piece of metal on the swingarm that encircles a rubber retainer on the brake line hose. At least on the 98-02 Kats, that piece of metal isn't bolted on, but is welded on and is bendable (required to release the brake line when you replace it). I thought that was the part he was talking about.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  OHhh, OK. Well, since he's asking about an 06, I'd assume it's the same as an 05 and is bolted on.
                  -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

So, Tiny, if I understand you correctly, you are saying on your '05, the part circled in red below is a bolt-on part?

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

He maybe talking about the plastic part just ahead of the line clamp.
                      Bike is sold

Comment

You got it Spedee. How did you get that thing off ?I see you have a hugger from Artfibras too. Did yours come without being pre drilled? If it did can you give me any tips for measuring it for those holes? Thanx

sigpic

Comment

Mine wasn't drilled either.
                          Try lip stick on the hole and then press the hugger against it when your happy with the placement. The lipstick should leave a spot to drill.

Originally posted by edub
                          You got it Spedee. How did you get that thing off ?I see you have a hugger from Artfibras too. Did yours come without being pre drilled? If it did can you give me any tips for measuring it for those holes? Thanx
                          Bike is sold

Comment

Opps. Missed the first question. I used a small bit and visegrips to hold the bit. Not a lot of room unless you take the whole inner fender out.

Originally posted by edub
                            Bike is sold

Comment

Thanx a lot Spedee. I'm gonna try and do this next week some time . Waveman did you get all that?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X