X

Fender Eliminated :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Eliminated :)

I got my fender eliminator kit this afternoon and decided to go ahead and do it.

Easy and quick to do. I have not put every thing back together as I am still waiting for my CA integrated tail light (clear with red/amber leds).

Here are just a couple pics.

Ugly big shovel!

no mor shovel

just wanted to see how it looked:

It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Very nice. What's that picture of on the wall back there in the 3rd pic?
    Live and Lean.
    When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
    "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
    Romans 3:23

Comment

a buck

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch
        a buck
        Looks like a possessed cat

Nice job.. Now you're going to notice how much dirt that shovel hid!!

Comment

About how much did all of that cost you?. I am looking to maybe doing that myself sometime before the summer. Is there a lot of electrical work to do? I havv't done much moding to my bike yet, so i don't really have many "tinkering" skills. Would it be easy for a noob?
          Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Looks great...

And yeah, how much did that cost? I've been looking for a way to get rid of mine but (oddly) I keep getting people who tell me there isn't a kit for the Katana (katana haters, I guess).
            "When a man is faced with his own death, the impossible seems less of a barrier."

Comment

Well, I bought the plate holder, a new Pan, and turn signals (it was an entire kit) and it cost me about $130.

I am returning the pan, and the turnsignals (the pan is too big, and the turn signals look like crap), and just keeping the plate holder. It was pretty simple, and using the stock plastic pan, you could do it in about an hour (including removing the fairings, and putting them back on when your done).

The electrical consists of wiring the new signals into the original signal wires (very easy). I have ordered this so I will not be using any external signals.

I will pick it up tomorrow, install it tomorrow and let you know how easy/hard it was.

Comment

Hey thanks a lot! Keep me posted
                Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Comment

Yes yes...many thanks for the info!
                  "When a man is faced with his own death, the impossible seems less of a barrier."

Comment

Looks good sasquatch!! If you have access to materials and have basic hand tools you can fabricate one yourself and save yourself some money as a lot of people have done on here

Comment

Lookin' good!!!!! Or you can go on ebay and order a creese bracket for the Katana for $15. I just got mine the other day and it is perfect!!!! Small and compact...........I saved a lot of $$ because my local shop wanted $150 for a fender elim kit............outrageous!!!!! (and it doesn't consist of anything much either )

Comment

Working...
                      X