X

Frame Sliders Forum: Purchasing Info and Reviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Sliders Forum: Purchasing Info and Reviews

- This forum is only for info about purchasing and reviews and pics from people who have or had sliders -

My slider brackets are made of medium strength aluminum and design to absorb impact and break or bend to avoid frame bending. They are made with 4 pieces of aluminum that brace around the frame then provide a mounting spot threw the lower vent on side of fairing. They have been ligthly tested by me but i have not personally high impact or speed tested them they are designed only to protect the paint on the fairings, depending on type and angle of fall the exposed engine covers may recieve scratches.

The basic idea for my sliders are for the typical loss of balance coming to stop or moving bike, to prevent paint and fairing damage!

In instance of a fall or slider the slider i provide (you may use your own slider) is made of derlin plastic and will absorb some impact it may also break in small fragments to absorb impact, it will also wear down in instance of slide so the the bike will not be tossed around and so that it will not put large amounts of stress on frame. The bracket made aluminum will also bend or flex to absorb impact, in case of higher impact it will also break apart. In this instance there is possibility that they may break some cooling fins, But the impact that would cause this wou have to be large and i most cases that mean the bike was in a serious wreak and would be totaled anyways.

There are many forums based about frame sliders so please use the search option on this website and search the word sliders, and review all info about them if you have any concern prior to purchasing a set.

Cost: $135

Paypal payments to [email protected]
    Money orders to:
    Matthew Braunstein
    76 virginia lane
    Cameron, NC. 28326

Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery +/- a week depending on amount of oreders.

Disclosure:
    Please apply thck tape around frame where brackets are to be mounted ( to protect frame from scratches and provide a more snug fit). If the bracket are not mounting easily or seem to loose dis assemble the bracket and turn spacers around( the spacers are drilled to be rotated to provide either a more snug or looser fit, please call with questions 910-590-2939).These bracket are designed only to mount frame slider on to bike, durablitity is up to the brand of slider you buy, the brackets are design only for looks and minimal protection in case the bike is to fall over lightly or fall into a low impact slide, NOT FOR HIGH IMPACT. Make sure you use some type of thread sealer on the sliders bolt. You mount these at your own risk. If you worry about the slider not breaking off at high impact, make sure you buy sliders meant to do so. The seller of the brackets are not liable for any damages to your motorcycle, personal, or frame slider cause buy so.
    Last edited by BRAUNSTEIN82; 09-13-2009, 12:16 PM.
    www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
    Katana Frame Sliders
    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
    98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
    I couldn't have done this without you.

Please post pics of your sliders here also, all slider pics welcome, not only my brand.
    Katana Frame Sliders
    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.

Comment

Here is BRAUNSTEIN82 sliders on my 06 kat

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

These sliders came in handy for me. After a long trip I pulled up into the driveway and put the kickstand out... or at least I though I did. The bike started to tip and I realized she was going down no matter what I did.

*THUD*

"DAMN!"

The bike sputtered to a stop and konked out. I shook my head in disgust and did the backward walk to pick her up. The Katana was put back up and this time I made sure the kickstand was out. I rested a minute and attempted to assess the damage. It seems the framslider did the job and kept the bike from contacting the ground. There was no damage whatsoever. Thank you BRAUNSTEIN82 for the sliders.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Just thought I'd throw this link up. It is a real life experience with these frame sliders:

Originally posted by Anatak
          This is a post to give BRAUNSTEIN82 a public thank you for creating and selling a great quality product. Today while riding my Kat with my girlfriend, I hit some sand in the road. This sand was hard to see due to the lighting of the street (so please don't flame me with that you should have seen it crap). We we thrown from the motorcycle at 35mph (I actually think we may have been doing 45mph not sure). While sliding on the road I could see my bike going the opposite way of us. There were at least 15 ft. of distance between myself (once I stop sliding) and the bike. As I made sure my girlfriend was alright, I could see that my Kat was completely down on the ground. Down as if I had not installed any sliders.

I stumbled over to my bike to access the damages... Not a scratch... Not a crack lens. There were minor scratching on the stator cover. I looked for my slider and saw that it had burn down as it slide down the street at God knows what speed. I haven't ever experience anything like this before. But to walk away from it with a few scratchs on me( through my jeans), none on my girlfriend (I had recently purchased her a riding jacket), and none to the bike is pure divine intervention and an a testament to BRAUNSTEIN82 product.

So I am writing this post to encouraged those Kat riders who have not purchased slider to purchase them. They really work! And if you need to purchase them get them from BRAUNSTEIN82. His product absolutely amazed me today.

And for those who are wondering if my frame is bent. I checked that out throughly once I arrived home and no damage was done to the frame.

Once again BRAUNSTEIN82 thanks for your quality product!
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Well i have bad news for current orders, my material company is having problem and the shipment that was running late, came today and was not my order, the also are waiting on either a return of my order or stock of the materials i need. I dont know exactly when the will come in but i will be searching for material elsewhere i am sorry for the delay, if this is a problem for anyone please contact me immediatly. Thanks

Matthew
            Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

I just need to post about my experience with the sliders I got from Braun.

I was moving onto the shoulder of an onramp to get off and adjust a strap, when, to my suprise, the shoulder was an 8 inch drop into black gravel (thanks for the sign, MODOT).

I was moving at about 20, and the slider buried all the way into the gravel. And didn't really help at all. My bike has a few scratches, but no real damage.

What is really important is that the way Matt's sliders were made, the bracket holding the slider itself bent backwards while it was moving instead of torquing the frame. I know the slider stopped it from sliding as far as it would have (Into the ditch I slid into, most likely landing on me) and bent enough so that there wasn't any damage to my frame. It actually only slid a half of a foot.

I'm not sure if this was intentional on matt's part, but I'm definately satisfied. I'll by buying another one from him shortly.

VERY satisfied customer. Thanks Dude

Crackshot

Comment

Hi! Can you please let me know when you are making more? Thanks a bunch

KCCO!!!
                Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

There are made to order, you can order whenever you like.

They are also real easy to install you just take off your fairing bolt around the frame and then put fairings back on. Be sure to use thead lock. (locktite)
                  Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Great thankyou..will get back with you soon!

KCCO!!!
                    Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I was sitting there eating and thought...OMG I could be eating one of the slow learners!"

Comment

Are these available for 1996 750 Kats?
                      Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

98+, Sorry
                        Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

hey braunstein82!
                          so this crazy lady backed over my bike the other week and now im thinking of replacing my sliders.just the sliders, not the brackets.is there any way u could send me picture of your sliders, the 4.5" ones? are they available in red?
                          if you cant send them in a pm to me , then ask me for my e mail address n ill send it to you.im sure i could get pictures there..
                          << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
                          KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

They are alvailable in only black and white. Look at the pics above, that is them.
                            Katana Frame Sliders

Comment

Hi Braun.. I recently bought a 93 Katana - can you make brackets for it - or do you know who can?

thanks!
                              Gettin' LUCKY!

Comment

Working...
                              X