X

My first ride.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first ride.

So i got tags on the kat and took it for a first ride. oh my god was i ever so nervous taking off. i couldnt get the throttle steady it was either on or off. man

asdfkjsdfljsdf

15 miles later and im pretty comfy.

its such a great feeling.

YAY. I've been looking at selling my kat and getting a nice bike. (my kat is beat up) Gotta get my wife to go for it.....haha

Comment

It was great. I took off scary as hell, little wobbly couldnt keep the throttle steady.. speed up slow down speed up slow down. stalling out at stop signs.. kept having to tell myself not to put my right foot down. mile 3 rolls around and im like omg i wanna go home scared, so i sucked it up and kept riding.. miles and miles later i kept getting more comfortable.

got her up to 50mph.. i tell you what turns are so nice, you just lean and the bike responds.

going riding tomorrow too, dont care if its cold

IM HOOKED!

tomorrow will be scary just starting out, but im sure ill be comfy in a few miles. taking off is a little hard, stall out about 1 every 10 times. working on smoothness with gears and stopping with both breaks, etc.

and scanning.

Comment

You're a squid

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
          You're a squid

hahaha. you're funny.

Comment

You're a squid
            Um , pot ? Black .....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The first rides are the most memerable.
              Keep pracicing and the smoothness will come.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Congrats on getting out on the road. Just remember, smooth and steady. Dont let your throttle or brake hand get too anxious or you liable to grab alittle to much of either one at the wrong time.

Just relax, deep breaths, and go for it.

Comment

hello sonny try taking the msf course it will help you out some well worth the class for starters and be carefull in the city man the worst place to learn to ride .

Comment

Originally posted by fireblaz
                    hello sonny try taking the msf course it will help you out some well worth the class for starters and be carefull in the city man the worst place to learn to ride .
                    March 17-19 is the MSF.

Going riding today also, but with my brother in law... he's got a harley so we should look... "interesting"

Comment

Got another 25 miles yesterday. Got passed by a cager in a minivan.. apparantly i wasnt going fast enough. 30 in a 25 isnt fast enough?
                      so I flipped him the bird and he proceeded to speed off.. funny enough i caught him at the next stoplight but he didnt want to say anything then.
                      stalling out is a rarity now, and i just have to remember that taking off in 2nd gear doesnt work too well.

I think im going to have to get my carbs cleaned.. sometimes my bike will idle without choke but sometimes it wont. i have to keep it on or remember to rev at a stop or i stall. i think next check and whenever the weather gets above 30 again i'll buy some plugs and a fuel filter. give her a proper tuneup. maybe even clean the carbs but i dunno about all those little parts.. and im gonna have to run some of that full tank off.

filling up for $4.75 is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        You're a squid
                        Um , pot ? Black .....
                        you musta got the bad stuff then. greenish brown next time.
                        03 katanika

Comment

turn up the idle

I just started riding and had the same problem. Turning up the idle completely fixed it.

Comment

the first time i rode my bike i wrecked it

Comment

that's not a good thing.

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
                              X