Rear rotors - aftermarket ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear rotors - aftermarket ??

Hi,

Looking for rear rotor for 89 Katana 750.
    I found a place that has a used one for $180 cdn.
    Wondering if there are any aftermarket i can get ??

Thanks for any help.

hbc
    Toronto, ON
    Canada

There are indeed aftermarket rotors for your rear (and front) wheels available, including EBC (EBC part number MD3002 for your bike or optionally MD3002C for contoured/petal-shaped), and a number of others.

You can use two different OEM rear rotors from Suzuki as well, suzuki part numbers:
    69211-34C00
    or
    69211-01D00
    ($180 CDN is a very competitive price on these -- new)

What to look for in aftermarket replacements:
    Stainless steel or billet steel construction (which is appropriate for use of the OEM pads or appropriate aftermarket sintered pads that work with the Kat -- ideal type for normal street riding)
    Cross-drilled (the cross-drilled holes permit off-gassing from the rotor/pad interaction to vent into the holes, helping reduce odds of glazing).
    Fitment specific to your bike model/year (89 thru 97 Kat 750 can interchange)

Added frills such as wave and petal pattern edges are nice in theory, but unlikely to net a typical street rider on a Katana any benefit (while costing more in the process). The concept is that the difference in shape both reduces rotational mass and increases the rate of heat disipation, but on a bike as heavy as a Katana used in normal riding, the benefit is minimal aside from bling factor. If you rail heavily, especially in situations where you are repeatedly on the back brake, the story changes and you should consider them.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

$180 for a used rear rotor for an 89? Somebody thinks highly of their used parts.

If your going for bling or just have to have something brand spankin new then check out some of what Cyber suggested. If your just looking for the right part to get or keep you rolling then drop a PM to "Special K" on here (may take him a couple days but he WILL get back to you) hit ebay and run a search for "Katana" and "Gsxf*".

Here is one that looks to be in good shape, cheap
      KAT ROTOR ON EBAY

Just an FYI that may help your search...all 89-97 600 and 750 Kat rotors will fit your application.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
        $180 for a used rear rotor for an 89? Somebody thinks highly of their used parts.
        I originally blanked on the "used" part of the description. Yes, $180 is far too much for an used rotor (that's within 20% of new prices).

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ok, i've searched around.

Summit Racing has EBC Rear Rotor for $195 USD. and about 1 month back order.

I am waiting for cycle-parts to get back to me, their oem parts are around $160 usd.

hbc

Comment

Working...
          X