KOTM Apr 2009 greeneyedream

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Rolling Stock > All About Brakes & Suspension

All About Brakes & Suspension Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:04 AM   #1
tylerc
Katrider

Default rear brake pads...

well, my rear brake pads are getting low, and it is time for new pads. I don't care to much about ultimate grip since I will most likely always be able to lock up the rear tire, however I would love to not have to clean as much dust off of the rear tire. I remember for cars ebc had a pad that 'didn't dust' (really just had white brake dust)

in short I was wondering what type of brake pads you guys reccomended. My priorities are low dust and quiet.

Thanks

-Tyler
tylerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:38 PM   #2
md86
Katastical

eBay ID: md86dammit

I thought ALL brake pads made dust . Not a big deal in my book , but I CAN tell you I'd stay away from HH's for the rear .

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86
md86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
tylerc
Katrider

thanks for the warning

i know all pads dust, but I have noticed with my car some are far worse then others

anyone else have good or bad experiances?
tylerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:42 AM   #4
The CyberPoet
Cloud Rider

eBay ID: MotorcycleAnchor, and TheCyberPoet

Brake dust on a motorcycle tire is minimal because of where it sits compared to the wind; the real issue is road grime and there's simply no good way around that except not to ride.

EBC makes a good HH compound rear pad, but they're very grabby and aren't recommended for those who haven't been riding for years (i.e. - those who might have a panic reaction and slam the rear brake). If you go with EBC pads, remove the factory shim that sits behind the brake pads.

The OEM pads are what I tend to recommend in the rear in all other cases. They're about twice as thick as any of the aftermarket rear pads I've found, meaning they should have substancially more life to them. Stock compound is GG.

Cheers
=-= The CyberPoet

KatRiders.com > Rolling Stock > All About Brakes & Suspension