X

Major task?? but big results!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major task?? but big results!

I was just reading a thread about header interchanges..
    Can I suggest something?

How about a thread on the interchanging of some major parts.
    For example:
    Swing arm: in this thread people post all the interchanges between model and years they know work.

Shocks: same thing.
    After all the posts, mistakes, arguments etc. are done one of us can collect all the info into one post and make it a sticky.
    I know that, for example, there must be 10 or more threads on here where people have discussed what header fits what.
    Like a GSXR-1100 header will fit a GSXF600..
    but then in a different thread someone has stated
    a GSF1200 header fits a GSXF 600..
    If all these combinations were in one post.. it would be easy to find the info.. right? (keep in mind I pulled the two above examples out of my butt)
    I suggest interchange threads on:
    Shocks
    Swing arms
    Headers
    Heads
    Controls (levers, cables etc.)
    Electrical (coils, CDIs etc.)

Who's with me??

I think it's a great idea.
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

Horrible Idea. You must be a Texan to think of a idea like that

Just Kidding!!!! Actually that is a very good idea. I wondered if it was possible to switch my front and rear end to a busa.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Great Idea. I know there are break rotors that are swappable too.
        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

I'm all for it......... but could we add "wheels" to the list, too?
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

OKi soo which mechanical genious is going to write the first Katana FAQ?

and no don't look at me, whenever i touch something mechanical it tends to blow up in a rather spectacular fashion

I do wish we had a parts swapping FAQ like there's the sticky for engine swaps atm.
            Tire sizes for which rims is a another good part to have <- [E]lol loudnlow beat me to it [/E]

Would also be great to have some some sort of database for Dyno charts
            Maybe even a reliability section i.e. parts to watch out for, i know my dad hates jet kits in general cause they tend to ruin the needle guides and whatsnot (i'm no mechanic so bleh) and have to be fixed/replaced after as little as <10K km.

There's soo much wisdom amongst the Jedi Katana modders here, it would be great if we could condense it into a more palpable format than just 'USE THE ¤#"!¤ search' etc

Also a history section on what's different between different years, US/EU models etc. would be a great addition
            -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

great idea , but takes a lot of work for 1 person

what about some wiki ( i.e. anybody can edit/change) post where anybody could add/edit the information about what fits what. I mean anybody registered on this forum , with a mod of course

g.
              WittyMonkey
              ----------------------------------
              www.bostontechnologies.com

Comment

I actually think the mechanics 101 section should have more sub sections like

Suspension
                carbs
                engine
                Everything else

Comment

Originally posted by wittymonkey
                  great idea , but takes a lot of work for 1 person

what about some wiki ( i.e. anybody can edit/change) post where anybody could add/edit the information about what fits what. I mean anybody registered on this forum , with a mod of course

g.
                  +1
                  Sounds good, could also have one person in charge of organizing the info and 'spread the specific sections between different people, who could post their work for review. Wiki would probably be a great tool just for assimilating the vast quantity of knowledge between the ppl on the forum.
                  Might even work as a sort of database where people can submit their personal experience in relation to a specific topic(dynocharts, interchangable parts, 'mod' suppliers etc)

Havn't used WIKI much myself, but it does seem very capable the few times i've used it.
                  -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

I've seen yhis on the Gixxer web site in the oil cooled section (what other section need there be?). I Think for it to work it should be like the ebay names list with a mod to periodically clean it up to reduce redundancies.

just my .02

Comment

pARTS SWAPPING?

I expect that that number of lists would be huge.

I know Special K has a great deal of that info in his head.

If only there were some magical device that could suck the knowledge from his brain and transport it here for all of us to use.

Like this one.

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

I would think this to be a great thing and a thread that will be accessed often. However I think that there should be two of these threads- one for the Pre 98s and the 98s and higher. Some of the work can be split up and I am sure that not all pre 98s will want to read about those slow 98s and higher Joking aside, this can be linked for all those Noobs that will show up (myself included). I will be more than happy to help where I can. Please let me know!
                        Nik
                        88 Katana GSX600F, 19k miles, Total Custom- Soon to be revealed!!!!!!!

Comment

I think it won't really be that much work..
                          First rule about cross referance club:
                          Don't talk about cross referance club.

Second rule:
                          Only post what you know works.. not what a friend told you.
                          What you know works.

Lastly after it runs a while anyone of us, we could divide up the job, will gleen all the info from the post and make into one post. Then the almighties only need to make it a sticky for us..

Easy

Comment

The only main task is deciding what you want to include. If you are looking for only parts that will be a direct bolt in with no modification required, there are not that many items.
                            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

For topics that have been discussed over and over, we need to hassle who started them. When I had my prelude, I was on a paysite forum called Preludeonline.com, and anytime anyone posted a topic that had been discussed, everyone would whore up their thread with "SEARCH", "WE HAVE A SEARCH BUTTON FOR A REASON" etc,. You catch on pretty quick.

Like this:
                              USE SEARCH!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X