X

old lumpy.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old lumpy.

I must be doing some thing wrong , after cleaning out the carbs blowing out evey jet and checking and adjusting the float heights once reassembled said carbs i then balaned them to within limits she seams to run lumpy on tick over no where as sweet as my friends 750f any ideas ??????

How did you clean the carbs? Spray cans or did you dip them in Berryman's?

Comment

Have you read the stickys? this one is a good place to start:
      KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
      and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Comment

I used spray to clean the carbs and thanks for that sticky it gives a lot of ideas thanks guys

Comment

That's the most common mistake people make with Kat carbs. Soaking them in carb cleaner for ~24 hours is the only way to clean them. (Well, not only. Media blasting works, not everyone has access to that. Ultra sonic cleaning ive heard mostly positive things about so that might be viable too. Point being the inside passages/ports need to be cleaned out and spraying carb cleaner in them doesn't do it. )
          Good luck!
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Okay, my $.02 worth. For carb and brake parts cleaning I made my version of a redneck ultrasonic cleaner. I have a 1.5L commercial cleaner and this homemade version works better in multiples. I've included a picture and have a video of it working.

I went to my local mexican restaurant on salsa making Monday and got a 6-quart tin can. I ratchet-strapped a $10 HFT orbital sander to the side, cut a piece of rubber to keep the parts from bouncing around inside the bottom of the can, add a pint or so of Purple Power degreaser (or use whatever you like), filled to near the top with boiling water and turn her on for an hour. I'll put the small parts like jets in a small cup at the bottom and set the whole setup on a piece of carpet so it doesn't walk all over the garage floor.

I've also used a rubber tub to clean all four carbs without taking the rack apart or bigger parts but the action in the can works the best because the rubber tub absorbs some of the vibration.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X