Katana of the Month - October 2007 – SEQX34

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Long Term Projects

Long Term Projects This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
tdecker
Poser

Default This little Piggy

I was way sick back in late October - December thanks to an unfortunate run-in with a feral pig. In danger of no more breathing sick. Bike sat for almost two months, and being a bike that hasn't seen a carb cleaning since well before I bought it I'm sure, the sitting was a bad thing. When I would start it choked it would run great, and when I killed the choke it killed the engine. Not too hard to know what was going on there right? So, over the last several months I have done the carbs, re-torqued the heads (those low torque ranges are hard to make yourself stick to man), adjusted and re-checked the valves, replaced head-cover and plug gaskets, and.... thanks to the help of threads and a little feed-back from members here... drum roll please... she cranked and purred like a kitten tonight!!!! I've rebuilt and worked on go-garts, mowers, my two-stroke engines (boat and lawn), my 4-wheeler and most maintenance on my Tacoma but this was my first street bike adventure. Stoked that I had this site for reference. Clymer doesn't quite cut it on it's own. I hope it holds up!
tdecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
KAT TOY
Kat Legend
Supporting Member

eBay ID: jhurst

congrats. glad you're better.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
tdecker
Poser

Yeah, that was not a good time! My 9 lives are running short, which is not good considering how many people try to kill you when you are on two wheels. My bike must be lucky too. I can't believe how smooth the bike is running and I haven't done a synch yet because I don't have the tool yet. I didn't mess with the butterflies when I cleaned the carb, and by eye it looked good. It idles better now than before I tore it apart. I am tempted to throw my tank and seat on and take it for a ride.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:29 AM   #4
Engelskmannen
Tank Slapper
Supporting Member

Congratulations ! isn't it great when a plan comes togrther

Stay safe, Engelskmannen.

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660
Engelskmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
tdecker
Poser

No doubt. Thanks Eng
Old 06-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #6
zuma
Kat King

I'm glad you are okay. A 750+ feral hog hit me as I was trying to avoid it at 98 mph and hit my boot and sheared off my left foot peg. We ought
to start a feral hog smacker survival club, eh?:smt01

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Last edited by zuma; 06-30-2013 at 06:54 AM..
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
tdecker
Poser

Well, feral hog hunting is quickly becoming a favorite pass-time.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #8
tdecker
Poser

Okay. I take it back. I THOUGHT it was running smoothly. I just finished making my synch tool and synching the carbs. NOW it is running well. WOW! I should be riding by tomorrow afternoon. Here's to hoping I did it all correctly!!!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
tdecker
Poser

Put about 20 miles on the bike today. Sounds so good now. Time to put new tires on now.
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Long Term Projects