X

sneek a peek

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sneek a peek

I have been on staycation and i took chris's comment to heart. Its almost complete just cleaning the tank, then final assembly, well not quite. Waiting on the rear hugger from canada to arrive. And, NO! the POS k&N style pods are not staying, Had a full UNI set till my fricken dog chewed 2 of them, I don't blame the dog, those were awsome on the bike. The rim lip was polished and the spokes repainted and pin striped to match. The plate mount is 1/6'' stainless steel plate. The carbs are RS 33 flatslides with a mix of RS 36 pieces, covers will be repainted a brighter red.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-31-2013, 12:12 AM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Looks good. Those rear blinders gotta go!

Where did you get the anodized foot brake and shifter levers from? I've been looking for aftermarket pieces but nothing with a 1/2" ID hole on the foot shifter. Most are 3/4" hole. Unless u just had the stock stuff anodized red.
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Yeah , looking for somthing thats not really visible but, bright. i'm thinking amber LED strips along side the plate.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran

Comment

Almost has a "Katmobile" kind of look to it with the pin stripping. Very sharp looking
        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

"Katmobile" ha ha - see where you're coming from

Engelskmannen.
          Carpe Jugulum...
          1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

I was just going to say that the paint scheme reminds me of the Batmobiile in the 70's tv series. If you can put an afterburner on that kat, then you'll have the complete look!
            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

I'm green with envy
              Extra life.

Comment

didn't even come to mind took my ques from the exhaust . now I have to find an after burner...
                the foot controls are sprayed and heavy coats of clear. had them done by a "pro", looked like poo. I refinished them my self. Maybe i'll re badge it "Kat mobile"...
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

here you go
                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhA69ShcIA0"]Exhaust flamethrowers - YouTube[/ame]
                  Ride like it's your last ride
                  sigpic

Comment

By "Chris's comments" do you mean me? If so, what did I say?

Comment

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128301&page=2
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

After buying multiple huggers that didn't look as i wanted it to or needed major mods and the fact that changing the swing arm wasn't going to happen for a hugger. I made my own. 6 layers of glass for some flexability. first is just the blank in a general size width and circumfrence, clean the excess then a coat of filler to level it all out then a coat of sandable primer to find high/low spots then 3 coats of filler primer. test fit to the bike mark it where it looked good but functions as well, add some curves here and there, cut, sand and seal again. refit, paint and clear. My hugger will retain the OEM chain guard for ease of service and hide the caliper strut brace. I was going to include the chain guard but, why there's already one there.
                        Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-31-2013, 12:11 AM.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Any pics of it installed or mocked up?
                          1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                          fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                          55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                          R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                          Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

I will post a pic when installed. I need to weld some tabs to the swing arm. It covers about 1/4 of the tire. second thought here is a mock-up fitting.
                            Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-31-2013, 12:11 AM.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

That looks pretty badass. How much did the final result weigh? Id like to see some more pics once you get it on. Maybe even a more detailed thread for sticky
                              94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Working...
                              X