X

Oil Type "Castrol Power RS"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Type "Castrol Power RS"

I've been using mobil 1 oil from advance auto for a while now, but I went to go get some today and they didn't have it, I ended up buying "Castrol Power RS Racing 4T oil. Does anybody know anything about it? would it be safe to run it? I've been looking around here, and the wiki and it doesn't really say to not use JASO-2 oils, or at least I can't find it at all....the search menu won't let me search for articles for JASO or API ratings because their too "common" to search -_-

Anyways, Its 10w-40 Full Synthetic (API-SL) JASO MA-2.

Says it works excellent with wet clutch systems. What scares me though is it states in its description it has some sort of anti friction formula (friction modifier?)

Please tell me more about this oil

its an average group 4 oil. Its very commonly used by shops in Europe. If anything its a tiny step up from the mobil 1. Safe to use
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Here you go...read well friend.

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
      2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
        its an average group 4 oil. Its very commonly used by shops in Europe. If anything its a tiny step up from the mobil 1. Safe to use
        I took it for a ride and it seems fine, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't damaging my plates or anything like that, thanks a mil man

Comment

Friction modifier and anti friction modifier are two complately different fish.

Friction modifiers are blends of synthetics and cleaning agaents that greatly help with the aid of slimited slip differentials. clutches and VC's

anti friction modifiers are often soldis like teflon that can gum up clog and cause clutch damage
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by LongboarderScott View Post
            I've been using mobil 1 oil from advance auto for a while now, but I went to go get some today and they didn't have it, I ended up buying "Castrol Power RS Racing 4T oil. Does anybody know anything about it? would it be safe to run it? I've been looking around here, and the wiki and it doesn't really say to not use JASO-2 oils, or at least I can't find it at all....the search menu won't let me search for articles for JASO or API ratings because their too "common" to search -_-

Anyways, Its 10w-40 Full Synthetic (API-SL) JASO MA-2.

Says it works excellent with wet clutch systems. What scares me though is it states in its description it has some sort of anti friction formula (friction modifier?)
            Please tell me more about this oil
            I hope it's ok to use. I just put the same oil in my bike this past weekend.
            Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Comment

Originally posted by davea7 View Post
              I hope it's ok to use. I just put the same oil in my bike this past weekend.
              I've been riding it around town all day today and honestly feels like it shifts a tad bit better than the Mobil 1 4T, could just be because the mobil 1 seemed slightly contaminated from fuel, I definitely smelled some gasoline in the oil, its odd cuz I just rebuilt the petcock a couple weeks ago >.>

Comment

Originally posted by LongboarderScott View Post
                I've been riding it around town all day today and honestly feels like it shifts a tad bit better than the Mobil 1 4T, could just be because the mobil 1 seemed slightly contaminated from fuel, I definitely smelled some gasoline in the oil, its odd cuz I just rebuilt the petcock a couple weeks ago >.>
                Your petcock doesn't stop fuel from getting into your oil....that's what your float needles are for. Clean or replace them, or adjust your floats.

Comment

So is this Mobile 1 4t synthetic oil safe to use? I just put it in my bike last weekend and if it's not a good oil, I need to change it before riding. I was told that as long as it was jaso rated, I'd be fine. Thanks!

Comment

they told you correct info, any jaso-ma oil is good enough for these bikes. Ive run 20 000km on cheap jaso-ma oil and I plan to do another 20 000 km this year. I did 4 trackdays last season too. still going strong. the thing is if you change it often enough youre good. and most of the engine wear is the first 10 minutes. just warm up the bike plenty before you put it in first gear and you will be fine.
                    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                      they told you correct info, any jaso-ma oil is good enough for these bikes. Ive run 20 000km on cheap jaso-ma oil and I plan to do another 20 000 km this year. I did 4 trackdays last season too. still going strong. the thing is if you change it often enough youre good. and most of the engine wear is the first 10 minutes. just warm up the bike plenty before you put it in first gear and you will be fine.
                      Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X