Katana of the Month - July 2007 - FASHER

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Street Fighters

Old 03-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
roughKAT
Rookie

Default My first build!

This is my first bike and first build. I bought the bike for 300 bucks couldnt beat it. Decided to make it a fighter due to the tore up plastics. was gona just make it decent but looking at all the other builds on here i decided i couldnt just half *** it. haha so it begins....
how i received.
bike.jpg
did the shovel chop
IMAG0159.jpg
sand blasted the tank holy crap! there was some dents with bondo piled a 1/2 inch think so had to fix those hah.
tank2.jpg
had to plastic weld some of the broken pieces then i cut them down so make it fightery. im probably going to trim more off the back tail pieces to make them slimmer.
weld.jpg
plastics.jpg
I used the plans from a thread on here to make the guage mount face. it worked out really good i just had to change it just a fuzz. heres the link he deserves the credit http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=78349.
gauges.jpg
painted the exhaust but defenitly should have sandblasted it first. the high temp paint comes off with the little grains of rust so it was pretty much a waste of time but it looks good right now haha. ill have to redo it after i sandblast it.
exhaust.jpg
started the whole tear down to the frame yesterday for a couple hours. then some more today and now the motors ready to drop.ill hopefully get that done tomorow.
strip down.jpg
oh yea and ive down the R1 integrated taillight mod. its awesome . ive got a lot more work to do but i just wanted to get this out here and ill keep up with updates! Tips are greatly appreciated!
roughKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Slofuze
Kat King

Make it your's. Keep us posted.
96 YZF 1000R
Slofuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
roughKAT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slofuze View Post
Make it your's. Keep us posted.
Oh i will! haha
Old 03-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #4
roughKAT
Rookie

sand blasting the frame and all other little parts and hopefully will get paint done too.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
5forty2
Kat Daddy

Looking forward to seeing which direction you take it, and the finished product of course.

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

5forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
shinobi3432
Katrider

this looks promising. will keep up with it
shinobi3432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #7
sekter
Tank Slapper

lots of pics along the way! taking notes :P

sekter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
roughKAT
Rookie

glad to see some interest! haha I Got everything sandblasted today finally. its all nice and clean! The first stage of the painting will be next weekend hopefully wich will be all the stuff thats getting painted black. im still deciding on the color for the tank and the plastic but i want it bright and i like green so im thinking about the new camaro green i think it would look really good.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #9
shinobi3432
Katrider

how long did it take for the whole tear down? and how did u manage with all the wiring? labels?
shinobi3432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #10
roughKAT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi3432 View Post
how long did it take for the whole tear down? and how did u manage with all the wiring? labels?
hey sorry it didnt tell me that you had asked a question or else i would have gotten back to you way sooner. Um i did it id say three days with only working on it a couple hours after work each day so about 4 to 6 hours and this is the first bike ive ever torn down. As far as wiring i used duct tape and wrapped it around the few wires i thought i might have trouble remembering where they go and labeled them that way but most of them have colored cordinated plugs and wiring so its easy to just match everything up that way. I highly recommend a organization method of some sort to keep track of your bolts and things. i went to the dollar store and bought 2 bags of plastic sandwich bags and used those for everything and labeled each bag with marker. i just started putting it back together today and man im glad i did that. I was a little overwhelmed at first because its my first bike but im feeling really comfortable now. i have some pictures to put on here of the progress soon
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Street Fighters