Katana of the Month - April 2007 - KatanaSoldier

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Street Fighters

Old 11-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
chrisgreer23
Mad Scientist
Supporting Member

eBay ID: greerman23

Thank you. My bike is far from it's finished state. Mainly because I'm half a world away from it right now.

I wouldn't think the clutch would be any harder to pull then usual with the shorty ones vs. the longer ones. I find that over the years, I tent to use two fingers with the levers rather then all four so the levers I get next will be the short ones. I've heard there may be quality issues with those ones but not too sure. I will be going with the pazo levers when I get to purchasing them.
I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
-Unholy m-
Current project: Un-Katchable
chrisgreer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #12
92GSX750
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebchesh View Post
What does everyone do for mirrors? I like this style and the price but how would you mount those?
Not sure if its just my phone or what, but I can't see any mirror picture or link. Personally i would stick with a bar end style mirror.

I bought some nice universal mirrors that use the levers pivot as a mount. If I tightened down to keep the mirror from moving it would lock the levers. Keep it loose and the mirror would just spin.
92GSX750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
calebchesh
Squid

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-DIAMON...sories&vxp=mtr

here is the mirrors i was talking about...
calebchesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #14
chrisgreer23
Mad Scientist
Supporting Member

eBay ID: greerman23

I was wondering about the link too. Those look cool. You have to work out a mount for them though. Maybe there is some way of mounting them on the ends of the bars? That would be my choice of location
chrisgreer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
calebchesh
Squid

hmm yah it says they come with mounting hardware... im not seeing any but i could probably come up with something... yah idk about the levers, I think i might get a set and see what the deal is I mean they are pretty cheap so if they are not good quality its not the end of the world... I just bought Skyrim... so I wont be putting the time in on the bike tonight lol but this week is my goal to have it running...
Old 11-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #16
calebchesh
Squid

Ok well yesterday my D&D came in... needs a little TLC but it should sound great and look sweet when I get it cleaned up. Does anyone know if the headers and midpipe are stainless or not? I will get some pics up tonight of the exhaust and such. I hope to have it running by this weekend but I am not sure.... we shall see...
Old 11-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #17
calebchesh
Squid

ok so I don't have any new updates really... I will maybe get some pics up in the next couple of days. We have to get my buddies BMW running before he graduates in 2 weeks, hence why I have not had the time to work on it. Anyways... I am at a bit of a crossroads with it, it has several surface rust spots at various points on the frame that need addressed as well as various components that need repainted etc. Also the PO told me that the clutches might be going bad. SO what I am trying to decide is whether or not to go ahead and do it right or to just paint it and get it running. I have done plenty of engine's in cars but never a bike. How hard is it to pull the engine on these things? What should I look to replace if I do pull it out? Any other advice? Thanks so much guys!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:54 AM   #18
SweetLou
Kat King

eBay ID: KanOGixxer

September 05 KOTM

Engine is pretty easy to pull, drops right outa the front. Easier in my opinion if you can suspend the front and remove the at least the tire if not the whole fork set up. Also take the exhaust off first. And yes, if I do remeber, the whole D&D setup is stainless... And LOUD! But I like loud personally.

Also I don't think the clutch is too hard to replace.
-Ohlins Susupension
-Various Other Mods

SweetLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #19
calebchesh
Squid

Thanks SweetLou! So it is not to hard to pull the engine... Anyone have a link to an FSM that I could look at the process? Thanks guys!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:14 AM   #20
05RedKat600
Kat Legend

http://katriders.com/wiki/index.php5...ecial:AllPages
05RedKat600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Street Fighters