KOTM Jun 2008 antditty3436

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Street Fighters

Old 11-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
calebchesh
Squid

Default my 96 street fighter project....

Hey guys I just got in this forum a couple days ago and posted in the intro thread... I thought I would start a build thread to keep track of my progress and also to get some opinions and advice etc... It is a 96 600 katana that I picked up for $200 from a buddy of mine, supposed to have about 12k on it but does not have the gauge cluster so who knows. Here is the pics!

So far I have pulled the gas tank and drained the old gas out and started sanding on it. I think I want to paint it semi gloss black. I am going to pull the carbs and clean them maybe this weekend and get a battery and see if I can get her running. So far I know I am going to need a headlight, gauges, battery, and a front tire...

Gauges I was thinking something like this, what do yall think?
https://www.denniskirk.com/koso-nort...prd/408371.sku

Headlight I want to do something very similar to centidude's but I dont have any motorcycle junkyards near me so I am not sure what to do there... I think I shall look on ebay or something... Centidude if you read this what did you pull yours from?

For the tire I use to run pirelli's on my 600rr but I have heard great things about pilot power's and rode on a set for a short trip and liked them. What size should I get?

I am also thinking of doing a single exit exhaust with a slip on... I have seen the delkovic systems on ebay but they seem like they would be loud? Any thoughts?

Last edited by calebchesh; 11-10-2011 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
calebchesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
88kat-rider
Tank Slapper

I like pilot powers.. have them on my 600 and no complaints. They are pretty good in the wet road conditions too
88kat-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
calebchesh
Squid

What size would you reccomend?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
m3xinmaine
Skid Mark

I would try a vance and hines full exhaust I have it on mine 4 into 1 headers it sound good and is pretty loud but not obnoxious
m3xinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
calebchesh
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3xinmaine View Post
I would try a vance and hines full exhaust I have it on mine 4 into 1 headers it sound good and is pretty loud but not obnoxious

hmm sounds good! i have a bid in on a full d&d exhaust on ebay and we will see how that goes...
Old 11-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
cintidude04
Kat Legend
Supporting Member

eBay ID: cintidude04

If you do a Delkevic I reccommend 14 inch and larger, especially if your worried bout it being too loud.
I am getting ready to pick up a spare D&D full system for the 771 build.

My first headlight was off some 80's Yamaha cruiser, the current one is off a 1975 Norton Commando, and the one being prepped for installation is an aftermarket.

It isn't much too look at but your welcome to my first headlight for the price of shipping. You can see pics of it in the beginning section of my build thread. If your interested send me a pm.
http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
cintidude04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #7
92GSX750
Knee Dragger

Thats the same gauge I'm currently running. Nice and compact too, so you can put it just about anywhere

I will also 2nd the Pilots. Very happy with mine so far.
92GSX750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #8
calebchesh
Squid

Ok guys I have not had any time to work on the bike, my buddy's e21 BMW is sucking up all my time lol. I scored a full D&D exhaust for under $200 that will be in this week, I have a headlight figured out I think (thanks centidude!), the gauges will have to wait a bit. I did get a new battery and charge it up and the bike turns over! I should be able to get the carbs cleaned this week and try to start it.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #9
chrisgreer23
Mad Scientist
Supporting Member

eBay ID: greerman23

Thanks for the update. Keep going
I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
-Unholy m-
Current project: Un-Katchable
chrisgreer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #10
calebchesh
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgreer23 View Post
Thanks for the update. Keep going
Yah sure thing! I like your bike sir... I will get some pics of the progress tonight hopefully... What does everyone do for mirrors? I like this style and the price but how would you mount those?

I am thinking about getting these as well... in the gold... Is the clutch to hard to pull if you get it in a shorty lever?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brake-Clutch...sories&vxp=mtr

Last edited by calebchesh; 11-14-2011 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Suzuki Katana Talk > Street Fighters