X

where does the cdi box mount?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where does the cdi box mount?

If the fuse box mounts on the bracket above the battery then where does the CDI box mount? When I got this project it was missing everything except the boxes and the bracket that goes into the rubber sleeve on the CDI box.
    sigpic

Left side of the battery box.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

on a post? I'm not seeing how
      sigpic

Comment

That's information that might have been helpful. It mounts on the left rear of the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          That's information that might have been helpful. It mounts on the left rear of the frame.

Just as helpful as that right there...

The Post battery box/fender is integrated into 1 piece. (didn't think I had to explain that... sorry) The 2 holes for the bracket of the CDI are just behind the battery box on the left side.

You bolt the bracket directly to the plastic using a philips screw and nut.

The rubber sleave slides onto the bracket to hold the CDI in place.

Nothing about mounting the CDI bolts too the frame.

Krey
          Last edited by Kreylyn; 11-04-2011, 11:02 AM. Reason: added pics for clarity...
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

ahh, that's why I couldn't see it, my tail plastics are on it. I'll have to take care of that this weekend.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X