X

2006 Katana Race Bike Project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Katana Race Bike Project

This is a 2006 Katana 600 modify for racing, I got tired of looking for race fairings and race parts for the Katana, I found out that is none, so I decided to make own and my own mods, The bike will be in trials this weekend at Homestead Speedway June 25, and racing GTL June 26, if everything goes well she will be racing Team Challenge at Summit Point and then Daytona.

Mods:
    Weight Reduction by 39 pounds, try to find out what is missing from the original bike.

Bottom Cowl race fairing modify from a 2002 GXSR 600

Air rams (carbon Fiber) From a GSXR 1000

Rear Spools, for race stand

Clutch, and other cover protector (guess from where the protectors came from)

Concept

Air Rams

Final Product.

Last edited by fdlr130; 06-24-2011, 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Interesting....
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

It took around 10 hours of work, lets see how she does with all that metal diet she when true!

Comment

looks like typical weight loss removal items...passenger pegs/mounts, aftermarket can, lost the centerstand, grab bar, mirrors, ditched all the lighting, including the upper fairing stay/headlight bracket...

did you do anything to the suspension?

I really like the idea on the lower fairing, i might steal that...maybe add some material to it to catch the rearmost mounting bolts though...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

+1 on the lower cowl, looks good
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I'm a little confused about the air rams.....what are they doing? or are they just there for aesthetics?
            Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
            '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Im more concerned with why you put on a "race" lower but not an upper...the upper's the most important part...
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                Im more concerned with why you put on a "race" lower but not an upper...the upper's the most important part...
                Maybe they require a catch pan for fluids where he runs.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                  Maybe they require a catch pan for fluids where he runs.
                  Does the stock post 98 Katana lower not have a provision for that?

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Does the stock post 98 Katana lower not have a provision for that?
                    Dunno, but I don't think so. On the pre's any fluid lost would obviously just spill right out the rear (and directly onto the back tire).... but the posts I'm not sure about.

Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Teddy have something let go on his post kat and oil up his back tire?
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                      Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Teddy have something let go on his post kat and oil up his back tire?
                      Yes he did, think it was the drain plug...

My bike has a catch in the back, but also has a hole where the two mains meet to let you change the oil without taking off the fairings so it seems kinda pointless...

Comment

Yes he did, think it was the drain plug...

My bike has a catch in the back, but also has a hole where the two mains meet to let you change the oil without taking off the fairings so it seems kinda pointless...
                        Maybe race fairings don't have this hole. I don't know. I just remember seeing some sheet metal formed tanks under some old race bikes for this purpose, so it makes sense to me.

Comment

So what do you plan on racing against?
                          "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

negative on the drain plug...it was the oil feed line from the backside of the head/cam cover. it was a hellacious mess, that lower wouldn't have helped much considering it all came from the top of the motor.

i'm still waiting for a response to my question though...what have you done for suspension mods? you can't tell me you are going 'racing' with stock 600 suspension...that would be pretty much counter productive to those tires you mounted...plus, do I still see the stock rubber brake lines? will those even pass tech inspection at a track like Daytona? what all did you safety wire?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Stock brake lines, stock suspension, stock gearing...how is this a race bike?

I see no safety wire at all...those "air rams" look pretty pointless too.

Comment

Working...
                              X