Katana of the Month - July 2007 - FASHER

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Welcome to KatRiders.com! > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to KatRiders.com! We're glad you found us!
Please take a minute to introduce yourself and tell us about your bike.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
Farfugnugin
Skid Mark

Default New to bikes, Kats, and forum. Shoulda done all this sooner

Hello all,
Currently bored and trollin net, seemed a good time for a post. Viewed this forum countless times before and since buying my 06 Katana 600, good info, good community, only makes since to join. In love with my bike so far, think i made a good choice all around, despite any unjustified grief kats seem to get in certain circles.

It may seem like a contradiction, but i have no need to break land speed records, and REALLY dont like giving local government any more money than i have to. Depite that i consider myself an amature engineer, and as such, every time my eyes make contact with something my brain starts thinking of ways to improve it. Its heavy, but that seems to make it stable, which is a plus, its a comfy ride (i sat on a gsxr600 at a dealership while shopping around and if felt like i had been balled up and crammed onto a toy) but from what ive seen and read so far the engine has alot of unrealized potential. So far bike, to my knowledge, is 100% stock (though i did adjust the suspension a bit), but my current plans, to start with, are to get a decent slip-on off ebay, k&n filter, richen fuel by adjusting the stock carb jets, then if possible try to run one grade hotter spark plugs. Sprockets im guessing would make a bigger difference than all the above (right?) but i dont really like the idea, seems like i would loose some drivability and wear the engine much faster.

Opinions/ideas appreciated if you got em, but not required, Im sure theres plenty of postings here on everything ive mentioned. Like i said, just bored and felt like rambling a bit.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
flash007
Kat Champion
Supporting Member

Welcome to KR. there is wealth of information hidden with in this site. the two major things i have found useful are the search engine and to follow the post ho's threads from the past/present and futere! good luck and happy motoring.
flash007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
5forty2
Kat Daddy
Supporting Member

Sounds like you got it pretty well planned out, and it sounds good. One piece of advice though, most people on here will tell you to avoid the k&n's, they cause major headaches with the tuning of the kats. Oh and, welcome!

News from my latest doctors appointment "It's not a psychotic break, it's a psychotic fracture."

Scars are tattoos with better stories

5forty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
expvet
Tank Slapper

Welcome and +1 on forget the K&N, especially if your are going for a slip on. Better to invest the money on a Factory Pro jet kit ($100.00 or so), that will give you a nice perfomance boost.
expvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:53 AM   #5
Irish
Knee Dragger

I have an 05 it has a scorpian exhaust that sounds great and the bike idles too well .Im always listening and looking for improvements and since completing the integrated tail light I havent done a thing .The motor is solid and the bike runs as smooth as a kat can run.If you want an idea ,try a Halo head light mod .Im thinking about it myself
Im waiting until winter to do any mods ,Riding season is here so youll only see me wrist twisting good luck and welcome
Old 06-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
kat astrophe
Katrider

welcome to KR
kat astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
Woodmysta
Kat Legend

eBay ID: woodmysta

Welcome to KR!
Old 06-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
Cheriff
Kat Master
Supporting Member

Sep. 2009 KOTM

Welcome! The only thing I disagree with is the hidden potential in the engine.. Not a lot can be done for big gains.. Probably the easiest is to do an engine swap with an early gsxr or bandit 1200.

Cheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #9
KatanaGSX92
Kat Legend

Welcome!
First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles
KatanaGSX92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #10
mammut89
Kat Master
Supporting Member

eBay ID: mammutit89

welcome , when I first joined I read probably every thread there was for like 2 weeks before saying anything. loots of good info here.

mammut89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Welcome to KatRiders.com! > Introductions