X

Jet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet?

Hi! i may be search retarded, but i couldnt seem to find anything like my question(maybe because most people arent cheap like me) BUT, I just installed my yoshi full exhaust onto my 96 kat 600. I was waiting until i had money to jet, but when i went for an estimate, it was around 300 installation, and 125 for dynojet kit. The mechanic their said to put the exhaust on and see how it runs first. Excited to hear this from someone that in theory should know what hes talking about, i put the exhaust on. The bike had been sitting all winter and was started up a few times, i did mobil1 oil change and slapped exhaust on and the bike seems to run great. Sounds fantastic, starts right up, low end has a slight decrease, high end has a possible increase. Doesnt pop or crackle under decel(unless its bitter cold out) Am i good to go? I do understand that power wont increase and could decrease without jetting, but power wasnt my reason for the exhaust. I just dont want to burn the valves out of my poor kat because im not carb inclined. Any help appreciated and sorry that was so long. 8) Syphrus

Originally posted by syphrus View Post
    Hi! i may be search retarded, but i couldnt seem to find anything like my question(maybe because most people arent cheap like me) BUT, I just installed my yoshi full exhaust onto my 96 kat 600. I was waiting until i had money to jet, but when i went for an estimate, it was around 300 installation, and 125 for dynojet kit. The mechanic their said to put the exhaust on and see how it runs first. Excited to hear this from someone that in theory should know what hes talking about, i put the exhaust on. The bike had been sitting all winter and was started up a few times, i did mobil1 oil change and slapped exhaust on and the bike seems to run great. Sounds fantastic, starts right up, low end has a slight decrease, high end has a possible increase. Doesnt pop or crackle under decel(unless its bitter cold out) Am i good to go? I do understand that power wont increase and could decrease without jetting, but power wasnt my reason for the exhaust. I just dont want to burn the valves out of my poor kat because im not carb inclined. Any help appreciated and sorry that was so long. 8) Syphrus
    Your good... based upon your descriptions of how it's running.

The differences in low/high end are to be expected with a slight variance in flow of the new pipe.

Enjoy.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Very nice. And thanks for the quick reply. The only problem i have had was last night, on my way home it was very cold out, the bike had a flat spot in accel, but that cleared up within 15 mins(i guess as the bike warmed up). My only concern was that it will run too lean and damage something. I guess running slightly lean, plus cold condition(further leaning it out) got it to the point that it was noticable.

Comment

Working...
      X