X

engine year?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine year?????

my bike is also a hybrid its a 91 750 frame and swing arm and front end. i know that my engine is a 600cc [i looked on the side of the engine, plus i was told by the guy i bought it from] but he was not the one who did the engine swap and he cant tell me what year model the engine is........ is there anywhere on the engine i can look for the engine year or any markings i can cross reference?

Originally posted by poscarguy View Post
    my bike is also a hybrid its a 91 750 frame and swing arm and front end. i know that my engine is a 600cc [i looked on the side of the engine, plus i was told by the guy i bought it from] but he was not the one who did the engine swap and he cant tell me what year model the engine is........ is there anywhere on the engine i can look for the engine year or any markings i can cross reference?

The info you seek is here...

There are stamped/raised letters with an engine code on the motor. I beleive it's just above the oil fill cap.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

well that actually was a huge wealth of information for me but i still have that issue........ the code thats right there near my oil filler cap is n705-152459......... and they dont have that listed on the page.

Comment

Originally posted by poscarguy View Post
        well that actually was a huge wealth of information for me but i still have that issue........ the code thats right there near my oil filler cap is n705-152459......... and they dont have that listed on the page.
        N705 - XXXXXX

N = 500-599 cc (600 for the Kat)
        7 = Four-stroke, four
        05= Engine revision number. First revision was 88 for the kat. 05 should put the year right around 92-93.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

well i feel stupid!!!!! i looked right past that fact on that page..... thank you a billion krey. i need to read more through

Comment

Working...
          X