GSX 600 katana streetfighter build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX 600 katana streetfighter build

Before /^\
    My first mod will be chopping the lower subframe support and welding in a new on with square tube steel stock. I have 03 gsxr passenger pegs that will work beautifully. I will be documenting this mod and will update and show pics throughout the process. i am also adding a gsxr 1000 rear shock or hayabusa rear shock. and acerbis headlight. Moding will start this week so pics will be uploaded as the process goes on.

I like how it looks now. Im digging the satin black.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

It is a very nice bike as is but i am looking to give it a much more sporty "meaner" appearence.

Comment

Originally posted by mxracer1115 View Post
        It is a very nice bike as is but i am looking to give it a much more sporty "meaner" appearence.
        I'm with you there. No fairings can beat the muscled streetfighter appearance. LOoking forward to this build

Comment

Bought the steel stock to suport the subframe today and will be welded in by the end of the week. Also got some 03 gixxer passenger pegs to use. Anyone know of any footpegs that can swap into a katana frame?
          Last edited by mxracer1115; 03-02-2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
            I like how it looks now. Im digging the satin black.
            agreed, maybe a little darker bronze on the wheels
            sigpic
            -Cory-
            1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

Im really excited to follow your thread... and i am also looking forward to see what you do with the rear! I am pretty happy with how mine looks now but the rear subframe/tailsection is next on my agenda!

Comment

I am always on the look out for some streetfighter ideas, good luck with your build!
                In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Welded in new support brackets and installed a 2003 gsxr 1000 rear shock.
                  Last edited by mxracer1115; 03-04-2010, 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by overboost07 View Post
                    agreed, maybe a little darker bronze on the wheels
                    Duplicolor makes a wheel coating in a really nice bronze color. I can't find a decent picture of it, but my back wheel is done in that color. It's darker than the original bronze.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Newest progress, passenger pegs completly mounted, using gsxr rear sets along with the matching brake pedal and m/c Almost complete just need to weld a small bracket.

Comment

/Thanks for NOT getting rid of the passenger seat. the fighters that do that just look deformed. Can't wait to see it done.

Comment

looking good bro im neck deep with my frame fab as well

Comment

Originally posted by Staerke View Post
                            /Thanks for NOT getting rid of the passenger seat. the fighters that do that just look deformed. Can't wait to see it done.
                            i hear you on that this bike i want to be fully functional so keeping the stock seat makes a nice ride for the passenger. I am very exited about this bike and it feels like it will do some nice wheelies with the new ride height and stiff rear shock!

Comment

looking good i did somthing close to that last summer wanted to keep the 2 up for the gf . but this year i told her she getin her own bike lol because its a bobber now lol

Comment

Working...
                              X