X

Track Day at Roebling Road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Day at Roebling Road

I went to a BMW club event at Roebling Road (Savannah, GA) for a track school day. It was awesome! I rode my ZZR1200 there and while it's not the best track bike, I did pretty well. No times to report so I must not have been that fast.

My friend Doug, on the same type bike, was kicking serious a$$ out there and was passing most of the advanced class. There were notable exceptions, including a v-4 $83K Ducati and two 1098's.

Our lead instructor was Nate Kern (www.natekern.com) and he's a very good guy for these track events. He was riding his BMW of Atlanta HP2 and also brought one of the new BMW 4-cylinder liter bikes. He was doing some testing and hitting speeds in the 160's on the 3100 foot straight.

I had a great time and hope to make more of these events.

I'm sure you had a blast! the guy that totaled his bmw at that event is a good friend of mine. nate had another track-day there in october, that I went to with my friend, and he wrecked his sv650. the sv turned out alot better than the bmw, but he was in alot worse shape
    89 gs500e, k&n air filter, sv650 rear wheel swap, gsxr rear shock, 06 tank and bodywork, sv650 tail swap,

93 kat 750 v&h ssr2 full exhaust, 99 katana front wheel, a 180/55 on stock rim, post controls, heated grips

Comment

how bad is the pavement now? my last motorcycle race was there in 1984. found out that i was faster than my skills and lowsided in turn 3. thank goodness for Bates leathers. had sense enough to quit racing. was fun!!!
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

it was good when I was there in october, but it was also my first ever trackday, so take that for what its worth.
        89 gs500e, k&n air filter, sv650 rear wheel swap, gsxr rear shock, 06 tank and bodywork, sv650 tail swap,

93 kat 750 v&h ssr2 full exhaust, 99 katana front wheel, a 180/55 on stock rim, post controls, heated grips

Comment

Working...
        X