No announcement yet.
X

Did first burnout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a burn out once....then relized that the black stuff on the ground was my burned up tire and it was a reminder of the $140.00 I spent on it...I swept up my mess and then promised not to do it again...unless I'm about to replace the tire then...what the heck...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

they are a blast aren't they? oddly enough i don't do them very often... probably because tires cost to dang much. i wouldn't recommend trying one 2up... the added weight on the rear tire makes it much more difficult to break it loose and you will most likely stall and look like a big arse. trust me... i've tried it about four times... failed every time and looked like a big arse.
      I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
      http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
        they are a blast aren't they? oddly enough i don't do them very often... probably because tires cost to dang much. i wouldn't recommend trying one 2up... the added weight on the rear tire makes it much more difficult to break it loose and you will most likely stall and look like a big arse. trust me... i've tried it about four times... failed every time and looked like a big arse.
        after seeing how a chain can let loose, trying it 2 up would not be something I would even consider. you would look like a bigger arse punching a hole in the engine than stalling it.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I'm going to come right out and say it.

Burn outs are pretty stupid. They don't impress anyone. Unless you love working for and quickly blowing you're hard earned money... Why?
          2001 Suzuki Katana 750 - Black

Comment

I'm just about to order a set of new tires, the old rear one is going to get burnt until it doesn't hold air anymore.

Comment

^^^i like him!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-O
                I'm just about to order a set of new tires, the old rear one is going to get burnt until it doesn't hold air anymore.
                +1

There is no better way to say goodbye to your old tire. Besides, it's fun . Also, almost everyone really does love a burnout. Check out this thread of Mojoe contemplating whether or not he should give his old tire a send off by burning it out. He took a poll and 90% of the folks who voted wanted him to "show us how it's done" .

I can't find the thread where he posted the pics, but he made a cool smiley face. I liked it
                ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by MdL
                  I'm going to come right out and say it.

Burn outs are pretty stupid. They don't impress anyone. Unless you love working for and quickly blowing you're hard earned money... Why?
                  you are entitled to your opinion, but it isn't always about impressing someone. in fact i have done my share of them with no one around to even see it when I was ready for a tire change. the dude at the tire garage is the only one that see anything to do with it, and when he has to handle a gooey old tire with canvas all sticking out and getting picked by steel belts, i can honestly say he is far from impressed.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

i want tp see pics

Comment

I've done burnouts and have dropped the bike. Be careful to pull that clutch back in.
                      Popcorn Love

Comment

Nothing wrong with a burnout occasionally. Not something you want to make a habit of really.

Just don't do THIS!

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2
                          Nothing wrong with a burnout occasionally. Not something you want to make a habit of really.

Just don't do THIS!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4&q=bike+crash
                          That almost tops the naked wheelie dude. Does make it into the top 3 most squidly videos catagory.
                          2001 Suzuki Katana 750 - Black

Comment

Working...
                          X