Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

my new old bike is finally home....pics!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
    You bastage! You beat me home!!! Just know I will be stewing most jealously for the next couple weeks until I get my 82 Katana home from Arizona.

Seriously, congrats Mojoe...looks like a great starting point. I'm sure you'll make it shine! Very Happy
    sorry Waltari....I will driver slower next time....lol.

and thanks for the "congrats"
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

you don't really want that P.O.S.

I'll do you a favour.....

Comment

You D**K! I love it and the color...post pics with your progress..man your a lucky bastard...

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
          You D**K! I love it and the color...post pics with your progress..man your a lucky bastage...
          luck has nothing to do with it. I have been scouring classifieds and ebay for the last 4-5 years to find the one meant for me. perseverence had more do with it than luck.

Comment

You gonna bring that beast to the big Ottawa Rally in September?
            sigpic

Comment

doubtful. I will never have it done by then. I need to get that 550 painted before I even touch this one. I took it for a good spin today. it is pretty gutless compared to my 93. to be honest, I don't think i could live with that stock motor. so the way it looks now, the V&H engine is going in this one, and the 92 I was restoring gets the stock motor going back into it....with an overhaul first.

gotta be honest...the idea of that much hp going into that bike kinda intimidates me. more hp than a stock busa, in a setup like this old bike will definately be like riding a snake, I would imagine. it will definately require bracing the frame, stretching the swingarm if I want the front wheel to stay on the ground, and some beefed up suspention. it might take me 2 years to get it done. but when it is done....watch out

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                I took it for a good spin today. it is pretty gutless compared to my 93. to be honest, I don't think i could live with that stock motor. so the way it looks now, the V&H engine is going in this one, and the 92 I was restoring gets the stock motor going back into it....with an overhaul first.

gotta be honest...the idea of that much hp going into that bike kinda intimidates me. more hp than a stock busa, in a setup like this old bike will definately be like riding a snake, I would imagine. it will definately require bracing the frame, stretching the swingarm if I want the front wheel to stay on the ground, and some beefed up suspention. it might take me 2 years to get it done. but when it is done....watch out

Hmmm...sounds like no extra motor for me

Mojoe, you should strip that thing down and ship your frame out here and I'll brace it while I'm doing mine... Started making my oil cooled motor mounts for the katana frame already...I'll be bracing mine first thing once it's here!

oh yeah and why the hell do you have to live on the wrong side of North America

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari

Mojoe, you should strip that thing down and ship your frame out here and I'll brace it while I'm doing mine... Started making my oil cooled motor mounts for the katana frame already...I'll be bracing mine first thing once it's here!

don't say that....I am still loooking for that deal we can split on.

as for the offer to send the frame to you....appreciate it. I can weld, but don't have enough practice to feel comfortable running a good enough bead that will looks nice and clean enough to be exposed on the frame. However my buddy has a machine shop just down the road from my shop. I will probably make a deal with him cuz he needs some painting done.

and yes...it does suck we live so far apart. I would love to be able to trade idea and tips with you in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                    Originally posted by Waltari

don't say that....I am still loooking for that deal we can split on.

as for the offer to send the frame to you....appreciate it. I can weld, but don't have enough practice to feel comfortable running a good enough bead that will looks nice and clean enough to be exposed on the frame. However my buddy has a machine shop just down the road from my shop. I will probably make a deal with him cuz he needs some painting done.

and yes...it does suck we live so far apart. I would love to be able to trade idea and tips with you in real life.
                    Thanks...I'm still looking as well. Too bad we're not closer...I used to be a sketchy MIg boy, but after welding constantly for the last few years, I have turned into an awesome TIG guy. I've kind of become the go to guy in our shop for any kind of welding.

Comment

Working...
                    X